Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plumbing Advise Needed

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
You haven't had any mains work done in the street have you? Sometimes when this happens especially when contractors are involved , they tend not to take to much care and the result is a load of crap going up the mains. This usually stops at the main stop tap and slows the pressure to the house. Try opening the main stop tap fully ( then quarter turn back )if this is the case.

No work has been done as far as I am aware. I did notice a blue cross had been sprayed on the tap cover outside the house. I contacted southern water and they said they found a fault 10 days ago and it is due to be repaired today. Someone should be with us after 12 noon, unless there is a major incident.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Yesterday the water from the taps in my houses started to run without much pressure. When I turn the tap on the water splutters out, then runs at a normal pace for about 5 seconds and then goes down to little more than a dribble. This affects both the hot and cold water.

Can anyone on here shed some light on what the problem might be?

Is it more than one property?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Slightly OT but water connected in HH we have fresh water from Southern Water and the waste is dealt with by South Eastern, think it is that way round, but all is being transferred to Southern Water why is that? No doubt it will cost more Southern Water being French owned.

Our flats had a block recently and we had to call out Southern so perhaps I have it the wrong way round and the fresh comes from South Eastern.

:wozza:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When at the pub in Guildford we had a meter, the only one in the road, but we received very high bills. So I turned off our meter and the house either side of the pub lost their water. I noticed the roof was 1 roof covering all 3 buildings so thought that in the past it was all one building so could be 1 water supplying all 3. Turned the water back on and their water returned. I couldnt persuade the water company that this was the case even after they tried the same test and got the same result. They said that they had to check the plans and this went on for 3 years by which time we left the pub. So dont rely on the water companies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here