Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In our seats for GOSBTS?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I noticed that even for a crunch game like Reading that the stands were probably only two thirds full for GOSBTS. Against the Geordies it would be great if we are all in place to belt it out. Can you neck that last drop of Harveys by 7:35? :drink::drink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A reminder, should it be needed, of what David Blunkett said about the play-off semi-final second leg:

“I’ve never experienced anything, in the many years I’ve been a Sheffield Wednesday supporter, like the first quarter of that game last night. It was a forcefield. It was a forcefield on the pitch and off it. The sound was unbelievable, the emotion was so high that we were all literally shaking."

Same again tomorrow night.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

..and can we all try and sing the same words.. they are on the screen after all..

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
A reminder, should it be needed, of what David Blunkett said about the play-off semi-final second leg:

“I’ve never experienced anything, in the many years I’ve been a Sheffield Wednesday supporter, like the first quarter of that game last night. It was a forcefield. It was a forcefield on the pitch and off it. The sound was unbelievable, the emotion was so high that we were all literally shaking."

This. Atmosphere was decent v. Reading from the start despite a fairly slow beginning to the match - afternoon results and 5.30pm KO helped.

For Newcastle we need to up it to the next level. Can't quite be the same as the Massive Play Off Semi-Final home leg but should be getting there.

More people getting to their seats slightly earlier than they normally do for a 7.45pm KO would be a good start...

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
So, having been lectured about leaving early......the obvious follow up has to be get seated earlier......what world do some of these posters live in ? Some of us rely on clear roads for the 115 miles we drive (my choice) to get to the Amex, not worry about whether I'm in my seat for Sussex by the Sea !!

swd40

Mar 22, 2006

Anyone know what the music that was playing prior to the Wednesday game was?
Gave the stadium a gladiatorial feel about the event.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
can we play on our way over the tannoy IF we win :) I'd like that a lot - been humming it all weekend as it is

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
That is taking over now, but the one most get wrong, is the first line of the chorus,

Sussex, Sussex by the sea

THEN the second line is
Good old Sussex by the sea.

Actually I think it is 'Oh Sussex, Sussex by the sea..'

But yes I agree, most people just seem to repeat the same line twice.

They also like to insert another 'gawan up tah win tha cup' in the line that is supposed to be 'and i'll sing you a song as we march along..'

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So, having been lectured about leaving early......the obvious follow up has to be get seated earlier......what world do some of these posters live in ? Some of us rely on clear roads for the 115 miles we drive (my choice) to get to the Amex, not worry about whether I'm in my seat for Sussex by the Sea !!

Massive kudos to those that travel that far, but they are a tiny (but significant) minority.

I would argue, however, that if people spent that extra ten minutes having another pint rather than rushing to their seats, that could improve the atmosphere even more.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

A world where atmosphere and success feed off one another?

Credit to you for your commitment, personally I spent the best part of 5 hours getting to Barnsley the other weekend, with the prospect of the same or longer getting home and I was there at 2pm had no intention of leaving early so you can see how I would disagree with you. Thankfully many others do too.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

No I was thinking more about when I arrived a couple of mins after KO for the Leeds match (thanks Southern) and was amazed by the hundreds of people casually finishing their pints on the concourse...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here