Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2016 NFL thread

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Cowboys set a franchise record 9 wins in a row. Tempted to attempt a Thanksgiving dinner for the family before the Redskins game on Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Cowboys set a franchise record 9 wins in a row. Tempted to attempt a Thanksgiving dinner for the family before the Redskins game on Thursday.

I have had one every year for about the last 7/8 years but its not turkey (as I dont like it) its as much American junk food as I can stuff myself with whilst watching 3 games in a row

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Seahawks take the Eagles 26-15, my colleague at work aint going to be too happy.

Giants beat the Bears 22-16 coming back from a 7 pt deficit at HT. Manning threw 2 TDs in the 3rd quarter and importantly the Giants defense pitched a shut out in the second half. Not a great result really as we struggled to beat the lowly Bears

Packers and Redskins just about to kick off

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Great win for the Redskins who took advantage of the Packers ever growing injury list. Well worth staying up for, for a change. I was beginning to worry that Rodgers was going to bail his team out but it was just too muc for him. Cousins had another great game and for me it's a no brainer to try and sort a deal out at the end of the season. Whilst Kirk is not elite he is a good QB in a league that is full of mediocre and poor QB's.

Bring on D****S on thursday.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seahawks take the Eagles 26-15, my colleague at work aint going to be too happy.

Giants beat the Bears 22-16 coming back from a 7 pt deficit at HT. Manning threw 2 TDs in the 3rd quarter and importantly the Giants defense pitched a shut out in the second half. Not a great result really as we struggled to beat the lowly Bears

Packers and Redskins just about to kick off

Had an NFL free evening, instead was out with friends for dinner and the Passenger gig at the Dome. Looks like the same old story though. We won't even beat the Browns to first draft pick :rant:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The Browns pass protection was one of the worst I've ever seen in pro football last night. The Steelers who had 13 sacks on the season going into the game (an NFL low) got 8. The Browns were virtually waving Timmons (who is hardly a top class rusher) through at times. It was embarrassing.

That the game was relatively close and needed a defensive touchdown to make it safe should tell you all you need to know about the Steelers at the moment. Resolutely mediocre.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Thanks to the storm our Sky went down over the weekend & we cant get an engineer out until Saturday.
Looks like it'll be a football free Thanksgiving for us this year....& the wife is gutted as the Vikings are her team.

Totally agree with the above BTW - our O Line has to be the worst in the League at the moment. Absolutely terrible at protecting the QB's (Kessler out again with possible concussion - 3rd time knocked out of a game this year) & useless at run blocking too (Crowell 8 for 10 yds). I was willing to give this team a chance to develop and grow but we are going backwards each week. In my 30 years of supporting the Browns, this has to be the all time low point.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Thanks to the storm our Sky went down over the weekend & we cant get an engineer out until Saturday.
Looks like it'll be a football free Thanksgiving for us this year....& the wife is gutted as the Vikings are her team.

Totally agree with the above BTW - our O Line has to be the worst in the League at the moment. Absolutely terrible at protecting the QB's (Kessler out again with possible concussion - 3rd time knocked out of a game this year) & useless at run blocking too (Crowell 8 for 10 yds). I was willing to give this team a chance to develop and grow but we are going backwards each week. In my 30 years of supporting the Browns, this has to be the all time low point.

Can't you watch it on Sky Go (online)? Thanksgiving is the best day!

I don't know what to say, what I saw yesterday was embarrassing. It wasn't even really a lack of effort, I didn't think, more extreme incompetence, both in the ability of some of the players and the game planning. The amount of times a running back or tight end couldn't deal with Timmons or a 38 year old James Harrison was just awful.

Pro Football Focus has the Browns line at 9th in the NFL - https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-11/

Last edited:

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

I don't know what to say, what I saw yesterday was embarrassing. It wasn't even really a lack of effort, I didn't think, more extreme incompetence, both in the ability of some of the players and the game planning. The amount of times a running back or tight end couldn't deal with Timmons or a 38 year old James Harrison was just awful.

Pro Football Focus has the Browns line at 9th in the NFL - https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-11/

Or Gamepass - you can get 7 day access for £15 or the rest of the season for £70 - love the service myself

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Yep, wife has sorted it out on the iPad, so the Turkeybowl marathon is on!

Dont agree with the rankings on PFF at all....our line has been terrible all season. Admittedly it hasn't helped rotating players in all positions across the line, but with the lack of protection for all of our QB's (its definitely not only because "Kessler holds onto the ball too long") I really would rank them much lower. Worst unit I've seen for a long time - & there have been some pretty poor ones over the years since 1999.

Last edited:

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Here we go boys and girls. Happy thanks giving to any shermans or those who are honorary today.

As a man who does not like Turkey I have opted with homemade Chillidogs this year, lots of chips (crisps for us Brits) and APA

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Here we go boys and girls. Happy thanks giving to any shermans or those who are honorary today.

As a man who does not like Turkey I have opted with homemade Chillidogs this year, lots of chips (crisps for us Brits) and APA
Have got in some decent burgers with home made sweet potato fries, slaw on brioche buns. Also nachos with home made guacamole and salsa. Some American Pale Ale too.

Go Dallas! #cowboynation

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Have got in some decent burgers with home made sweet potato fries, slaw on brioche buns. Also nachos with home made guacamole and salsa. Some American Pale Ale too.

Go Dallas! #cowboynation

I think Vikings will win the opening and Pittsburgh the last. As a fellow Cowboy I do not want to call the middle game (as I am very nervous)

Lets go Cowboys

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders are failing to disappoint, very strange but I am sure they will implode at some point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here