Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last couple of blocks for Wednesday away (Friday), selling fast.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
does anyone know how many tickets we've sold?

We haven't got any fans and we don't travel - ever.

In better news, Sheffield Wednesday are bringing 7,000 to the Amex. It would be more if only we would give them tickets. They are a Premier League club in waiting. Fans of all the Premier league clubs think so too.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The context for this is the ridiculous number and distance of weekday evening away games in 2016. The cost and inconvenience has taken it's toll. When the alternative is to watch in the pub, it's hardly surprising we are struggling to sell 2,000.

FWIW, Wednesday fans, Brighton have travelled more away fan miles (total away attendance x return distance to home ground) than your good selves across the season, and that doesn't account for your large London-based support. We also had the largest away crowd of the season in the Champ (MK Dons).
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?335639-Away-Attendances/page3

So by all means ridicule our support if it suits you, but those are the facts.

PG

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The context for this is the ridiculous number and distance of weekday evening away games in 2016. The cost and inconvenience has taken it's toll. When the alternative is to watch in the pub, it's hardly surprising we are struggling to sell 2,000.

FWIW, Wednesday fans, Brighton have travelled more away fan miles (total away attendance x return distance to home ground) than your good selves across the season, and that doesn't account for your large London-based support. We also had the largest away crowd of the season in the Champ (MK Dons).

PG

I don't think we are struggling though, we'll sell out. Just not overnight as it's been staggered based on loyalty points.

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
I'm also on the same train, which would be the best tram stop to use after the game? I assume Leppings Lane but I've also heard it can be quicker to walk down to the first stop on that line (Middlewood?).

I'll stick with saying Hillsborough as the Blue tram stops there and goes direct to the station plus there is a bus station there too so should get a couple of buses that take you into town.

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?335639-Away-Attendances/page3

PG

True, your mileage v away attendances is pretty decent, I actually produced the table used in your link.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Tickets for Hillsborough now available, if the website was working, for 10 loyalty points.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Just got 2 tix for Friday

Just got tickets in WU2, anyone know how many we have left to sell?
Think it was a 2000 allocation?
I know its not easy with people needing to take time off work at short notice etc. etc. but still be surprised if we don't sell out the allocation! :bhasign:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Moved thread...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Just got tickets in WU2, anyone know how many we have left to sell?
Think it was a 2000 allocation?
I know its not easy with people needing to take time off work at short notice etc. etc. but still be surprised if we don't sell out the allocation! :bhasign:

I just tried to buy 3 in WU7 - said not enough availability

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I just tried to buy 3 in WU7 - said not enough availability

Can't even get 1 in WU7 now and that's all that seems to be on sale at the moment. So either sold out or about to put another block online for us..

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Maybe but might help if someone at the club updated how many tickets are left/sold & if anymore are likely....
I'm sorted now but loads people would get time off work if knew how likely it was to get tix...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Looks like a case of applying the loyalty scheme a bit too much on this occasion as only from 10am today could non-season ticket holders buy a ticket. Understand it's hard to predict but probably didn't really need to implement the loyalty scheme for this game.

Not sure if we have WU 1&2. Suspect we've sold between 1,500 and 1,700 so far?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here