Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Bristol City *** Official Match Thread ***

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If - and I agree it is a big if - CH goes for 433, the midfield three do pick themselves - Kayal, Stephens and Crofts.

How is that? What has Crofts done to warrant automatic selection in front of Calderon or Ince? Athough I would prefer him I do not consider he should be included in those that pick themselves.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I have a friend who is a City fan and he is really confident they can pull off a win. Says City have under-achieved so far but starting to look a cohesive unit and the confidence is starting to build. This looks a very tough game for Albion, made a little tougher by the absence of the wingmen.

With regard to Calderon's inclusion, PLEASE NO! Any system will be a makeshift one, so nothing ideal. However, if we ignore Manu, I'd rather we accommodate Crofts or Ince somehow in our starting line-up than fall back on Calderon. He's looking increasingly sluggish and out of his depth at this level. Age has clearly caught up with him.

Spot on, as is @Stoneham Park with his suggestion of Calde coming on after 70 mins when we're 2-0 up (I'd be very happy if that's the situation).
If Rosenoir can't play, we need to alter our formation, and I'd go with:

------------------- Stockdale ----------------
Bruno --- Dunk --- Hunemeier --- Bong
------------------- Crofts/Ince --------------
March -- Kayal -- Stephens -- Baldock
--------------- Hemed/Zamora -------------

Subs: Maenpaa, Goldson, Calderon, Crofts/Ince, Holla, Manu, Hemed/Zamora

I know a few on here will moan about changing the formation from 4-4-2 and I have a certain sympathy for that, but we've played the 4-1-4-1 formation in the majority of games for the last 20/30 minutes. We actually looked much better when we changed to that system against Leeds, and our injury/suspension situation may actually impose that change upon us for this game. This all depends on how CH views Manu's development, and whether he's OK to start. Let's not also rule out adapting a formation to the opposition, as I gather Brizzle play 3-5-2. CH may view one or other of those formations as a more effective counter to a 3-5-2 or he may not.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Goldson can play at right back. I'd imagine he's 'match fit', as been playing with the U21's and the first few games with Shrewsbury.

Potentially Goldson right back and Bruno right midfield? Not necessarily what i'd go with, but something that's been overlooked....

Good call

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
THIS is why they are all so confident!

Four Four Two had them as relegation favorites along with MK Dons and Preston, so they are due a loss.

You cannot FAULT the logic.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
So here's where I am.
I've got Bristol for the win or draw and yet I have bet on Hemed scoring a hatrick.
I'm all over the place with this one.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And 'they are not a good team, just a team in form'.

11 games is more than in form.
+ Only 1 defeat in pre season ( to Aberdeen ), and victory over Sevilla.

Yeah, but some tube at 442 predicted we'd go down... :lolol:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
TheCulturalBomb (OTIB) said:
Brighton are not a good team, but a team on form.
Four Four Two had them as relegation favorites along with MK Dons and Preston, so they are due a loss.

:lolol:

BigTone (OTIB) said:
They either take their delivery's by the back door or like to munch on their rugs

Classy.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Some facts amongst the speculation.

They have conceded 12 goals in 6 away games.
We have conceded 2 goals in 5 home games.
Best price at the bookies on an Albion win is 10/11. We are the only odds-on home team in the division tonight.

Many of us are nervous about tonight because we know the run has to come to an end at some point. And because were not really used to exceeding expectations and this front-running lark. But the evidence suggests we should win tonight. That doesn't mean to say we will. But I think it's important that the crowd is positive and any nervousness doesn't transmit to the pitch. So be patient tonight, and get behind the team.

PG

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
A draw would be unwanted but not a disaster. We have a few injuries which may well unsettle us. We should be stronger for Preston on Saturday and I would take 4 points from these two games right now.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Some facts amongst the speculation.

They have conceded 12 goals in 6 away games.
We have conceded 2 goals in 5 home games.
Best price at the bookies on an Albion win is 10/11. We are the only odds-on home team in the division tonight.

Many of us are nervous about tonight because we know the run has to come to an end at some point. And because were not really used to exceeding expectations and this front-running lark. But the evidence suggests we should win tonight. That doesn't mean to say we will. But I think it's important that the crowd is positive and any nervousness doesn't transmit to the pitch. So be patient tonight, and get behind the team.

PG

I very much like the calming logic of this post.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
1.5 M that Manu cost to bring to the club. With kll, Murphy, Rosenior all back soon, if he doesn't get a start here, when will he get a run of games to show what he can do?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here