Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March untouchable ?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I really don't get your comment that he has been asked to play essentially as a left full back. Bong almost never overlaps and if he does it will be in the last third of the pitch meaning March is far from covering his full back position. I also don't agree that he is aiming for one man in the box as I don't know what games your are watching but by the time March has slowed the game down to then burst past the full back there is normally plenty of support in or around the box.

He has talent but his decision making is very poor. In my view it was wrong to take of Knockaert as he had just set up Murray and the team were driving forward. He was contributing more than March had all game. If anything, put Knockaert on the left and Ali on the right.

You need to watch football more carefully buddy. Knockaert on the left would have the same issues March has in that he'd become much more one dimensional going on the outside and closing the room off for an overlapping full back - plus, go and look at their heat maps from the weekend, where you'll see March does substantially more defensive work than Knockaert does. And I disagree it was the wrong decision to take Knockaert off. He was a red card waiting to happen quite frankly.

And how many goals do our midfielders get from breaking into the box from crosses? If they get 5 a season I'd be shocked. And I don't include Gross in this who is basically a second striker (and he often pulls out wide anyway to be the man putting crosses in! Rarely do we have more than one man in there. At most 2. It's just the pragmatic way we play in midfield and it results in less goals from crosses.

Anyway, we disagree. That's fair enough :albion2:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
You need to watch football more carefully buddy. Knockaert on the left would have the same issues March has in that he'd become much more one dimensional going on the outside and closing the room off for an overlapping full back - plus, go and look at their heat maps from the weekend, where you'll see March does substantially more defensive work than Knockaert does. And I disagree it was the wrong decision to take Knockaert off. He was a red card waiting to happen quite frankly.

And how many goals do our midfielders get from breaking into the box from crosses? If they get 5 a season I'd be shocked. And I don't include Gross in this who is basically a second striker (and he often pulls out wide anyway to be the man putting crosses in! Rarely do we have more than one man in there. At most 2. It's just the pragmatic way we play in midfield and it results in less goals from crosses.

Anyway, we disagree. That's fair enough :albion2:

Id like to see knockaert on the left before I made that judgement.
However Jose will assume the left position when fit

Enjoy the competition I say, it will make all our wide men better.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Id like to see knockaert on the left before I made that judgement.
However Jose will assume the left position when fit

Enjoy the competition I say, it will make all our wide men better.

I agree re competition :albion2: I do imagine that would be the case though. And I'd like to see March on the right more as I think it's a much better fit for his characteristics. But I don't see either happening any time soon.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I agree re competition :albion2: I do imagine that would be the case though. And I'd like to see March on the right more as I think it's a much better fit for his characteristics. But I don't see either happening any time soon.

They switched regularly Saturday, especially first half.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes all the subs did ok. Bissouma, Ali/j (not attempting to spell his name) and locadia. Ali/J put in a couple of good crosses one for locadia which brourght out a good save from their keeper. Alot of people are saying Locadia doen't care, he clearly does when ever he does something wrong u can tell hes upset. Im sure hel'l come good as long as fans give him a chance and support him, that applies to a lot of our players support them dont constantly critisize. As much as we'd like to be we are not Barcelona, Real madrid or Man city.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

This. We don't buy narcissistic silly buggers any more. Jurgen may be a bit flash but he wouldn't be in the squad if he didn't give a toss.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Four assists - FOUR! - for Solly in the last three away games. Bloody hell!

Sussex born-and-bred lad doing well for Albion - what's not to love?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Just tucking into a large slice of humble pie over here. Wasn't impressed earlier in the season, but last few games he's done the business.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Yes, brilliant crossing by Solly... now, where is that humble pie I need to eat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
After the assists it’s almost like he’s starting believing in his ability and actively was taking people on and beating them

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes, he is a confidence player... and talented, as Chris said...

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I think some people forget we did sign him from non league? after playing for England U21's he's now providing assists in the Premier League? Not bad for lad we signed from Lewes?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I have been moaning about him but he was fantastic today. I really liked how quickly he worked with Bruno for the first goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here