Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where Did We Acquire Scum 'Fans' That Boo The Team Off And Throw Coins At The Opposition?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Total wankers.

Wouldn't happen at Withdean. Or Gillingham. Or The Goldstone.

Almost worth getting relegated to see these ferals furq orf back down the hole where they came from.

We only had racists luzzing bananas at the Goldstone.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
we will ever see the raw , scintillating atmosphere of the Goldstone at the Amex, the prem is now sanitised and you would need to go to Forest , Derby , Villa or Leeds to get a truly fizzing atmosphere , the villa v brum derby , weds v utd sheffield derby , any combination of Forest ,Derby and Leicester away to either of those are going to produce an atmosphere that the authorities have done their level bet to stamp out in the prem......all part of the poncification of the white male.

Its a bit of a myth that the Goldstone had a "raw, scintillating atmosphere". Sure SOMETIMES it would be crackling, but as ever, it really depended on the opposition, and the occasion. More often than not the place was like a MORGUE as we tumbled down the divisions into the noddy leagues and the crowds dwindled to 5,000-odd.

Two of the best atmosphere's I have ever experienced was at the Amex. The game against Burnley when the ref sent 2 of our players off in the opening quarter of an hour - that made for an absolutely poisonous atmosphere for the rest of the game against the officials. And, of course, the Sheff Wednesday 2nd leg in the playoffs. Just a CONSTANT barrage of noise from the stands, it was literally non-stop. That was as good as anything I've heard from BHA fans at the Goldstone or anywhere else.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Its a bit of a myth that the Goldstone had a "raw, scintillating atmosphere". Sure SOMETIMES it would be crackling, but as ever, it really depended on the opposition, and the occasion. More often than not the place was like a MORGUE as we tumbled down the divisions into the noddy leagues and the crowds dwindled to 5,000-odd.

Two of the best atmosphere's I have ever experienced was at the Amex. The game against Burnley when the ref sent 2 of our players off in the opening quarter of an hour - that made for an absolutely poisonous atmosphere for the rest of the game against the officials. And, of course, the Sheff Wednesday 2nd leg in the playoffs. Just a CONSTANT barrage of noise from the stands, it was literally non-stop. That was as good as anything I've heard from BHA fans at the Goldstone or anywhere else.

i'd be going back to late 70's early 80's but particularly our first season in the old first div with our baptism of fire v Arsenal at home , West ham not long after , Man City , Everton and a particularly tasty midweek game v spurs

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
And, of course, the Sheff Wednesday 2nd leg in the playoffs. Just a CONSTANT barrage of noise from the stands, it was literally non-stop. That was as good as anything I've heard from BHA fans at the Goldstone or anywhere else.

I get goosebumps even remembering that evening. Incredible.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We are right to condemn that kind of behaviour, but honestly? We didn't have fans like that at Withdean, Goldstone etc. Well yes we did and I have witnessed loads of bad stuff from our lot over the years. In my opinion, the Amex misbehaviour is a massive improvement on what went before.

I always made plenty of money thrown by are friendly rivals up the road at the Goldstone in the East stand. Used to throw the 2ps back though tight gits

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Fair points Easy. The Palace night game when - guess what they through smoke bombs - Sammy Morgan got both in our win was amazing as was The Derby game the same year I think. Of course some people won’t realise or how good Derby were then. I don’t think The Amex has that rawness to it from back in those days. I wouldn’t want to put it all down to menace though.... it wasn’t.
I agree though it could be dire even with 12-16 k in it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair points Easy. The Palace night game when - guess what they through smoke bombs - Sammy Morgan got both in our win was amazing as was The Derby game the same year I think. Of course some people won’t realise or how good Derby were then. I don’t think The Amex has that rawness to it from back in those days. I wouldn’t want to put it all down to menace though.... it wasn’t.
I agree though it could be dire even with 12-16 k in it.
I find it difficult to view booing (if the team, or a player, has been absolute crap) in the same light as throwing coins (not acceptable in any situation: lifetime band for any humanoid turds indulging in it).

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here