Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...utline-of-eu-u-k-ties-post-brexit-paper-shows

Germany is working on proposals for the European Union’s future relations with the U.K. that include calls for a “comprehensive free-trade accord” with the British government, according to a draft paper prepared by the Foreign Ministry in Berlin.

With EU leaders due to discuss Brexit at a summit in Brussels on Thursday, the document lays out the most detailed German position yet for “future formal negotiations” about the U.K.’s relationship with Europe once it leaves the bloc in 2019, without opening the door to such talks yet.

The four-page document, dated Oct. 11, urges the EU avoid a piecemeal approach if and when talks with the U.K. get under way. It proposes instead a broad partnership that includes “at a minimum” the fields of foreign and security policy; fighting terrorism; cooperation on criminal justice; agriculture and fisheries; energy; transport, and especially air transport; research and digital issues.

“We share the U.K.’s desire to secure a close partnership with the Union after its exit that covers economic and trade relations”

All sounds eminently sensible.

It does indeed, lets hope the others agree, fingers crossed.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And one day, unutterable clowns like you will realise that there was more to voting Remain than the economy.

Perhaps your side should have mentioned them then, they were very quiet about the supposed benefits that were not economic.......almost lost for words

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Of course, the EU are really acting like they need the UK.......FFS.
You're spot on....Why would the EU care as it's an organisation that clearly has it's own agenda and if millions here and over there lose their jobs they don't give a shite.
In the end leaving will be the best thing we ever did and that I'm sure of.
It will be rocky but it's a price worth paying. :)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I really think that this is clutching at straws, akin to the bloke on Question Time a couple of weeks ago who said it was an "overwhelming majority", which it wasn't particularly.

The vote to Remain was pretty big as well, in other words. Maybe even the second biggest number of people who have ever voted for something in this country...... and yes, I know they lost, but trying to imply that the vast majority of people in this country are champing at the bit waiting to get out of the EU is a bit rich.

I heard today that if the voting patterns were repeated, by 2020, enough younger people will be eligble to vote, and enough older people will have died, to reverse the 52/48 to remain.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Perhaps your side should have mentioned them then, they were very quiet about the supposed benefits that were not economic.......almost lost for words

You guys just ignore it when we do, claim NATO is what keeps the peace in Europe, and that we really won't drop workers rights, environmental standards etc. I am pretty sure you can find all the other reasons on this thread, but if returning the sovereign power to decide how flammable your flags are, how much shit you will allow to wash up on our beaches and how many hours you can ask someone to work for without a break is more important to you, than actually having those standards set at a healthy level, you will not see it.
When the leave campaigners said we can be more competitive, what did you think they meant by that?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You're spot on....Why would the EU care as it's an organisation that clearly has it's own agenda and if millions here and over there lose their jobs they don't give a shite.
In the end leaving will be the best thing we ever did and that I'm sure of.
It will be rocky but it's a price worth paying. :)

Are you in receipt of your pension?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You guys just ignore it when we do, claim NATO is what keeps the peace in Europe, and that we really won't drop workers rights, environmental standards etc. I am pretty sure you can find all the other reasons on this thread, but if returning the sovereign power to decide how flammable your flags are, how much shit you will allow to wash up on our beaches and how many hours you can ask someone to work for without a break is more important to you, than actually having those standards set at a healthy level, you will not see it.
When the leave campaigners said we can be more competitive, what did you think they meant by that?

You are just coming from a ridiculous position that future Tory or Labour governments will be incapable of managing standards without The EU holding our hand.
What do you think will happen to our drinking water when we leave The EU and no longer have to adhere to the EU Drinking Water Directive (98/83/EC).
Will our drinking water remain the same, which is to say already way above the standards set by The EU or will we decide now is a good time to make our already superior drinking water much worse just for the hell of it?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
CHEAP LABOUR THAT'S AFFECTED BRITISH WORKERS THE MOST :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Do they have zero hours contracts in France and Germany? Do you they have the same problem with falling wages? Stop whining and blames the EU for all our ills

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
All this lot (except Oxford) were Leave.

View attachment 90318

One day you clowns will realise there was more to voting Leave than the economy…..........…much much more.
But on and on and on and on you one trick ponies bleat and whine on one subject only.

That's why i live in Oxford, people have half a brain cell. If Nissan goes at least they can all blame the EU

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I voted to remain however now we leaving I am behind our goverment and anyone who thinks labour could get a better deal are totally mad the EU want to screw us as they are scared other EU states might want different deals or want to leave. If the EU had given David Cameron a better deal we might not be leaving the EU they also misread the British people's Feelings and situation.
By the way we are still defending Europe.
It's a shame what's happing in Malta.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think one or two are becoming confused (not for the first time) between scaremongering and plain scarey

Quite. And also the total inability to be a man and admit they were wrong.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I voted to remain however now we leaving I am behind our goverment and anyone who thinks labour could get a better deal are totally mad the EU want to screw us as they are scared other EU states might want different deals or want to leave. If the EU had given David Cameron a better deal we might not be leaving the EU they also misread the British people's Feelings and situation.
By the way we are still defending Europe.
It's a shame what's happing in Malta.

Of course the EU want a good deal, why wouldn't they? And they will do their best to get one for their people. The UK are doing the same, in fact Davis said only yesterday "we are straining every sinew" to do so. No one should expect anything different. To do so is naivety in the extreme.

If your complaint is a backhanded way of saying the UK isn't very good at this negotiating thing then be a man, be honest, and say so.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here