Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Berlin Advice Please

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks! Only there for 3 days I'm afraid and Union are away at Bochum.

Tempted by the away end as Bremen are my German team as I used to go there a lot as a kid to visit family. Not sure if they get a rubbish place in the ground though and it doesn't really matter! Will probably be easier to arrange tickets in the home end.

Going in December to get in on the Christmas market action too. I imagine the thermals will get an outing! Just downloaded St George's Day - cheers!

If you look at a seating plan of the Olympiastadion the away end is sections F and G.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Hackesche Höfe is a pretty cool area and all around oranienburger straße. Great place to spend an evening just wondering around from quirky bar to quirky bar. Also charlottenburg is great for nice bars, especially schwarzes café pretty much open 24/7 too.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Bumping as hoping to go soon - anyone know if you DO have to book in advance for Reichstag building or can you just rock up on the day? Also any recommendations for decent but cheap-ish places to eat? Already know about the nightlife etc.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Bumping as hoping to go soon - anyone know if you DO have to book in advance for Reichstag building or can you just rock up on the day? Also any recommendations for decent but cheap-ish places to eat? Already know about the nightlife etc.

Book in advance.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007

Book in advance online, then print out confirmation to take on the day. Get there 15 mins before your allocated time as security is tight. You need the south west entrance.

Breesy1

Mar 14, 2013
London/Hove
Has anyone got any knowledge of nightlife in Berlin for a Tues night?

I'm heading out for a couple of days next week (ash cloud permitting, which is what stopped me last time I tried incidentally!).

Staying in Prenzlauer Berg in part of old East Germany. 15min walk from Alexanderplatz.

But I'll be moving around a bit so any tips on hotspots would be welcomed. Any house nights on a Tuesday....send my way

Cheers

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gratuitous plug for Norwegian air who start a cheap as chips service from Gatwick on 15th September. Fingers crossed for free champagne on the inaugural flight :cheers:

Oh, and the Welcome Pass, sort of travelcard equivalent, comes in a variety of number of days options and can be paid for and printed off as a voucher while you're in the UK. Then you swap it at Berlin airport at the tourist information booth for the actual Welcome Pass. Saves messing about trying to work out what train ticket to buy and then queueing up for it. Civilised!

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Gratuitous plug for Norwegian air who start a cheap as chips service from Gatwick on 15th September. Fingers crossed for free champagne on the inaugural flight :cheers:

Oh, and the Welcome Pass, sort of travelcard equivalent, comes in a variety of number of days options and can be paid for and printed off as a voucher while you're in the UK. Then you swap it at Berlin airport at the tourist information booth for the actual Welcome Pass. Saves messing about trying to work out what train ticket to buy and then queueing up for it. Civilised!

Don't forget to validate the welcome card in the little machine before boarding the train or bus

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here