Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cameron gets it.

May could yet pip him. In my book she's my close second.

Eden was rubbish, but hey, he was unwell.

Churchill not much better - the story he has written for himself as a result of WW2 saves him, but in all honesty, he was not as good as painted out to be.

Chamberlain is there because of the story that Churchill let be put about around appeasement - fact is that had Chamberlain done anything else we'd all be under the Third Reich now. He was actually a good parliamentarian. He just got the job at the very wrong time.

The ridiculous Blair narrative means he'll get votes from the left and right all down to Iraq. The same lilly livered liberals that attack him for the war were wringing their hands over who was going to take on Saddam only months before the war started. Add to that the minimum wage, tax credits for working mums etc, and the right hate him as well. Pathetic really.

Attlee was wet. He should have delivered much more. Largely failed to seize the initiative by not going for a modernisation and reconstruction programme post-war. NHS saves him.

Callaghan inherited a poison chalice. Might have been OK.

Major is unrecognised. Laid the way for economic growth under Blair. Could have done so much more if it hadn't been for the loons in his own party.

Why is Disraeli in there?

You make some very good points there, especially the highlighted bit. I voted Ted Heath. Dreadful PM while I was at school. 3 day week. Hyper inflation. Useless. I would have gone for Cameron but Ted tips it for me.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
surely Blair deserves a mention .....2nd by a lip if not a dead heat

Compared to the last two PMs. I'd have Blair back like a shot.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Ted Heath, for a variety of reasons unrelated to politics.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Cameron and when this is all over I hope he's brought to book

When thinking of the terrable mistakes of Thatcher, Blare I can equality think of things they did which were good with Cameron I am unable to think of one good think he did

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
has to be Callaghan, bankrupted the country, lost control of the unions, winter of discontent etc.

unfair to say Cameroon because he dared to engage in a democratic process, even if it was misguided.

He only engaged in the democratic process because his party were running scared of Farage and UKIP.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
You make some very good points there, especially the highlighted bit. I voted Ted Heath. Dreadful PM while I was at school. 3 day week. Hyper inflation. Useless. I would have gone for Cameron but Ted tips it for me.

Ted got my vote, he was rubbish.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ted got my vote, he was rubbish.

Inflation hit 25%. Ted's answer was to give everyone a supplementary pay rise every time inflation went up causing, yes more ......

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
only reason i'd have him back is to sort out the two major **** ups he allowed .....Zimbabwe & The Gulf......both beyond hope so nah ....**** him , he's a proper ****

Fair enough. It's my opinion. If you think Cameron or May are better that's your call.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
only reason i'd have him back is to sort out the two major **** ups he allowed .....Zimbabwe & The Gulf......both beyond hope so nah ....**** him , he's a proper ****

Surprised Blair is not mentioned more, if only because he sentenced more people to death in the last 15 years than any others in government!!!!!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
He was Prime Minister in favour of Remain and with a total lack of vision, passion, strategy or cohesive thinking made as big a balls up of the Remain campaign as you could ever wish to make. 'Project Fear', the traditional Tory go to election strategies fell flat on a general public split across party lines. He put out a binary referendum in which he failed to prepare for both results, then left his party and government torn and divided, leaderless and with no contingency or planning on what the government strategy would be in the event of Leave. It was shambolic, irresponsible, cowardly, self serving and a betrayal of office. I don't think anyone votes for a leader that would do that. Unless you did?

The post said referendum. People voted for a referendum. He delivered the referendum. These are facts. Not commenting on the campaign, as that wasn’t what I quoted, but over 50% of people who voted in 2015 backed Referendum parties.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Actually, when you look through the list of candidates we have been lumbered with more than our share of incompetent morons running the country. Written history can't really be relied upon so I'm looking at the PM's in my lifetime. Top three:

Thatcher - who destroyed so much industry and her high interest rate policy led to so many losing their homes as well as the Poll Tax and her intransigent attitude towards Northern Ireland. But.....she did stand up to Europe.

Blair - a war criminal who lied to us all as an excuse to go to war as Bush's puppet

Cameron - the man who gave us the Referendum that nobody was really asking for then had it on his toes the moment he didn't get the result he wanted. A truly horrible individual who served only himself and not the country.

So difficult to pick from those three. I didn't think I'd hate a PM as much as I hated Thatcher................. but I think Cameron has just about pipped her. Thatcher was strong and carried on regardless. Cameron is a snivelling coward.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Fair enough. It's my opinion. If you think Cameron or May are better that's your call.
Indeed. I'm sure Cameron or May would have stood up to the Bush government and refused to get involved in Iraq....... oh.

As [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] said earlier, I know people who were full on in support of removing Saddam who now conveniently use Iraq as a stick to beat Blair with. And as I said, I can't stand him as a person (especially the faux Christian stuff), plus I was one of the million plus people who marched against the war.

But, as a PM and looking at his record as a whole, Blair in comparison to Cameron is like comparing something a bit distasteful to Crystal Palace.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Tony Blair for me, for no other reason than all the brave servicemen and servicewomen he needlessly sent to their deaths fighting conflicts built entirely on lies.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Indeed. I'm sure Cameron or May would have stood up to the Bush government and refused to get involved in Iraq....... oh.

As [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] said earlier, I know people who were full on in support of removing Saddam who now conveniently use Iraq as a stick to beat Blair with. And as I said, I can't stand him as a person (especially the faux Christian stuff), plus I was one of the million plus people who marched against the war.

But, as a PM and looking at his record as a whole, Blair in comparison to Cameron is like comparing something a bit distasteful to Crystal Palace.

I agree 100% on the war. He would have gone down as a great prime minister if hadn't bowed down to Bush. The late 90s early 21st century was like a breathe of fresh air compared to the previous administrations..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here