Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Not giving the ball back to the opposition....

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Deffo.
I fookin love it.

For those of you who call the East stand 'The Library', well the language Mr Robertson screamed at us was most definitely not acceptable in a house of learning. :lol:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Ref didn’t blow. VVD stayed on the pitch and received no treatment. Clearly done by Liverpool to waste time. I’m happy they didn’t give the ball back, correct thing to do.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That kind of 'gamesmanship' should be stopped, I hate it when we do it or the opposition does it. Well done Brighton.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
They are panicking and resorting to these antics to protect a slender lead. Bad from Vvd. Think City will make up the deficit although would be good if we have a say in the title race when we play city in the spring.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Deffo.
I fookin love it.

For those of you who call the East stand 'The Library', well the language Mr Robertson screamed at us was most definitely not acceptable in a house of learning. :lol:

Also all those in the East on their feet telling Knocky and co to play on. Was plenty of choice language towards Roberson for sure!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
100% agree. We have been too nice over this for several seasons, time to get tough and tell them where to stick it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also all those in the East on their feet telling Knocky and co to play on. Was plenty of choice language towards Roberson for sure!

Yep it was the longest I've even been stood up for in the East.

I'm sure we had a hand in both incidents, as Solly was also being somewhat vociferously encouraged to continue.
I'm surprised he didn't stop to ask if we were ok!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
...when they kick it out when one of their players isn't really injured.

Long may it continue.
Not just that, but the fact they were time wasting up to that point, and there were just a couple of minutes left. I was delighted Knocky didn't give it back.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Also worth noting that they didnt give us the ball back from a drop ball in their penalty area after Murray really was injured.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
perhaps we've started a thing, I noticed in the spurs-utd game and on one of the others on tv that play continued while someone was nearly dying on the pitch. The commentator said that to play on was correct as not head injury and ref hadn't blown whistle. . In both cases as soon as it was apparent that play was going on the nearly dead player made a miraculous recovery .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here