Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huddersfield

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The game at Huddersfield in our promotion season where they took us apart by playing fast attacking football I thought they had left us behind. We got away with a narrow defeat. There were no home complaints that night. What has happened I wonder.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well it does help. Man City have possibly improved a little bit since their new owners took over.

But have they improved to a level that matches their expenditure?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's fine, I happen to like marzipan, others may not. Some people might like icing instead or they might like icing and marzipan. We're all free to be who we want to be.

I love marzipan.....anyway going back to your original post...ye it was a stand out comment made by the Huddersfield fan

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The game at Huddersfield in our promotion season where they took us apart by playing fast attacking football I thought they had left us behind. We got away with a narrow defeat. There were no home complaints that night. What has happened I wonder.
Wagner seems to have lost his bottle. Weirdly they play defensively now.

Confidence is on the floor and to play the way they used to you need that in bucket loads.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That article says Derby at no 1 though. For me it would be Villa, they didnt have the lowest points but they had just given up as a team by the end.

Yes, but worst since Derby ? I don't think so.

Huddersfield are pushing above their weight with a good manager and not it appears with overpaid big time charlies.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The summer we both went up we spent our money strengthening the first 11, they spent the majority of theirs signing the team that went up. They had too many loans that summer.
Moving on we've strengthened again from a steady base and they didn't seem too.
I'd prefer Huddersfield to stay up than a few other teams in this league.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The summer we both went up we spent our money strengthening the first 11, they spent the majority of theirs signing the team that went up. They had too many loans that summer.
Moving on we've strengthened again from a steady base and they didn't seem too.
I'd prefer Huddersfield to stay up than a few other teams in this league.

You wonder that if they did go down how they'd fare...couldnt see Mooys staying....Wagner would be gone and with the quality in the Championship I think they'd struggle

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
They’ll find their place back in the football league with other similar sized teams in Yorkshire. Barnsley springs to mind. Half decent support, but not a club who will consistently be in the upper echelons of English football.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Let's face it, Huddersfield didn't really deserve to go up in the first place, they just got very lucky. Negative goal difference and didn't win a single playoff game. I think their luck is running out.

They played to the same rules as everyone else and got promoted, having given us a lesson on the way. It may not have been convincing but they deserved it.

They did remarkably well to stay up last season. Like someone else said, they spent a bunch of their budget signing the players who got them promoted to start with. Having stayed up I thought they would have a decent base to build on this season but Wagner appears to have changed to a more practical approach which doesn't seem to fit the personnel.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At no point have I thought Huddersfield have the necessary quality for Prem survival and how they stayed up last season is a mystery, just surviving off that Wembley play-off victory bounce I suppose.

The thing is, if they go down how many of their players will be snapped up by other Prem clubs? Not many I'd venture. In theory they could do a Burnley and bounce straight back from relegation. Same with Cardiff really. Bottom line - neither club has enough of a goal threat.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
At no point have I thought Huddersfield have the necessary quality for Prem survival and how they stayed up last season is a mystery.

The thing is, if they go down how many of their players will be snapped up by other Prem clubs? Not many I'd venture. In theory they could do a Burnley and bounce straight back from relegation. Same with Cardiff really. Bottom line - neither club has enough of a goal threat.

But Huddersfield have Puncheon! :O

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Wagner seems to have lost his bottle. Weirdly they play defensively now.

Confidence is on the floor and to play the way they used to you need that in bucket loads.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's strange. Perhaps all that's happened is they've never had a striker on form. Hard to retain confidence if you're not scoring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here