Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] North Stand Scudmore Protest

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Good on em. The explanation from PB was far from satisfactory. If extra "non contractual" money was taken from a central pot then it is still money that could have been invested elsewhere.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Good on em. The explanation from PB was far from satisfactory. If extra "non contractual" money was taken from a central pot then it is still money that could have been invested elsewhere.

It is contractual though as the contract was agreed by the remuneration committee.

If Scudamore went to Sky or another broadcaster and used his inside knowledge to negotiate down a contract and/or headhunt EPL staff with knowledge and skills it would cost clubs far more than £83,000 a season, so that's why they did it.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Just found this in an old box
The days when you turn up and pay on the gate
I think it was Everton v Man Utd
33fa958cd29c06a4fd98771b7e647609.jpg

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I have been looking into bringing my children to a few individual games as my son (7) has started saying he wants to go to watch some professional games and my daughter (9) has said she would like to come along also.

I may have got this wrong, but to apply for tickets we will first require Bronze Membership for me, plus x2 Junior Seagulls memberships.

One game I had been considering was the Everton game on 29th December. The tickets would cost £98 plus the memberships (admittedly a 'one-off' cost every season) would add another £44. That would make access to this game alone an eyewatering £142.

For that reason, I'm out :(

We're going to Cambridge United instead

Last edited:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
People should make a stand. Stop going to games and stop buying over priced items.

Then all that will happen is the gaps left by the supporters who have made a stand and stayed away will be filled by people who can afford it and are happy to pay whatever it costs..

Premier League football isn't really a bastion of the 'working man'. It hasn't been for many years. Football is a business and clubs are businesses, just like Amazon, Facebook, Google and so on. The more money they can make, the more success they can buy, and the more money they make.

I think the Scudamore payment thing is very wrong, but businesses have to be seen to reward financial success. This makes the job more appealing to the next incumbent I suppose...

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have been looking into bringing my children to a few individual games as my son (7) has started saying he wants to go to watch some professional games and my daughter (9) has said she would like to come along also.

I may have got this wrong, but to apply for tickets we will first require Bronze Membership for me, plus x2 Junior Seagulls memberships.

One game I had been considering was the Everton game on 29th December. The tickets would cost £98 plus the memberships (admittedly a 'one-off' cost every season) would add another £44. That would make access to this game alone an eyewatering £142.

You’d better not think of taking them to see a top band or top London show then.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I don't think you need bronze membership for Everton. I think bronze membership gives priority for matchday tickets, but then they go to non-bronze.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I sat next to a couple of Belgians who are Bruge fans over to see Ryan and Izqueirdo. They pay €350 for their season tickets.

I'm finding some of these comments hilarious. So, foreigners are coming over here and paying exorbitant money to watch Brighton players, just because the players come from where they come from. And meanwhile we are complaining about being overcharged.

FFS.

I missed the game yesterday as Mrs T had us booked to see Henning Wayne* in London. This thread has me thinking about some of his quips about the Brits. For example, in Germany to become a plumber you need to take a load of exams and qualify via a national scheme of standards. In the UK, a 17 year old boy can wake up one morning and simply 'self-identify' as a plumber . . . . .

**** me. We are in the premier league, sold out every week, 30,000 gates, and people are saying it isn't like it used to be back in the good old days. I presume this is the 1960s, before we joined the Common Market, when every working class family could afford to rock up each other weekend, pay on the gate and stand together (over a blazing fire, toasting marsh mallows) and watch as their team of lads, all born no more than 1 mile from the (fabulous) stadium supplied 90 minutes of rich entertainment. And after the game all the kiddies were handed free replica shirts before their subsidised journey home.

How did we ever win the war?

???

*yes, yes. I know how to spell it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You’d better not think of taking them to see a top band or top London show then.

No sure what it cost in tickets (and hotel) for us in London last night, but we probably spent a good £100 just on food and drink and we basically slummed it (for example, after the show, nine quid for a glass of red wine and a packet of pork scratchings), £30 train fair....probably about £200 all in. If you want to save money, abandon live events and, for the football, find yourself a moody stream. I will probably follow suit in a year or so, partly because the schlep over from Fav is taking its toll on my patience. I drive home for 2 hours after a match and log on to NSC only to get outed as a 'badfan' for leaving early. And, let's face it, the football is a bit meh right now.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I was chatting before KO to 2 Dutch lads over to see Propper & Locadia play. They pay €300 for Ajax season tickets. That’s about €75 more than your average Eridivisie club.

We’re getting fleeced by the club & in yesterday’s case mugged by the opposition.

Why were two Ajax fans watching two ex-PSV players? Very odd. I can’t imagine two Albion fans going to a foreign country to watch two Palace players.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This all smacks of being a bit palacey for my liking.

I assume the NSK didn't celebrated promotion, as they knew what the the club were going into.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here