Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boos at full-time whistle

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Managers and coaches don’t take the field, they don’t control events. As much as you can tell a group of players to do something, doesn’t mean they’ll do it, or the opposition will let you.

My point is CH and team didn’t send them out to play like they did. Full stop.

Who decides on tactics then and who decides on timing of the subs? I'm pretty sure if players were ignoring instructions they'd soon be dropped. Today was a combination of players freezing and the management not acting to change the game.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well in that case he’s lost control of the dressing room because they’ve been pathetic in almost every game this season. A spineless, reactive, unambitious rabble. Either Hughton is sending them out to play in this defensive, timid way or he’s not and they’re persistently going against instructions. Either way it doesn’t reflect well on him.

We’re a struggling team in the top division. Wolves and Fulham came up and spent more in one window than we have in 3. It’s not rocket science.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Who decides on tactics then and who decides on timing of the subs? I'm pretty sure if players were ignoring instructions they'd soon be dropped. Today was a combination of players freezing and the management not acting to change the game.

Not ignoring instructions because there is always the opposition and what they’re doing. I can see why he was cautious about subs, Gross and Propper arguably the most influential players for us, but both only just back form injury.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Managers and coaches don’t take the field, they don’t control events. As much as you can tell a group of players to do something, doesn’t mean they’ll do it, or the opposition will let you.

My point is CH and team didn’t send them out to play like they did. Full stop.

Well in that case he’s lost control of the dressing room because they’ve been pathetic in almost every game this season. A spineless, reactive, unambitious rabble. Either Hughton is sending them out to play in this defensive, timid way or he’s not and they’re persistently going against instructions. Either way it doesn’t reflect well on him.

I was sat in a different spot to usual today as my son was a mascot. Mascots and parents sit in W1A by the South West corner flag and so we had a full on view of the second half, since it was mainly conducted at that end.

There is very little blame to be attached to the players at the back. I have to say we were close enough to talk to Bernardo and got a really good view of Dunk and Duffy's efforts too and they were first class. These guys were sweating blood to put in the tackles, close off chances and clear the ball. There was one cross from Albrighton that Duffy cleared for a throw in on the slide. If he missed Vardy had a tap in for 1-2.

The fact is we were on the back foot against a ten man team. The fact is we had no pass outlets. They (Leicester) pressed us and passed well so it was partly down to them but, with a man spare, we should have been doing it to them. Hughton has dropped two points here. I'm a big fan but everything I read from Norwich fans when we appointed him rang true today. We had a man over, our most creative player back, Propper shoring up midfield and a left back who looked truly up for it and what did we do? Sit back, play within our shells, give the ball away and bring on March who had a 2/10 game at best.

I should be on cloud 9 because my son was so well looked after and had an amazing day but we chucked that away and it's all down to the manager.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Not ignoring instructions because there is always the opposition and what they’re doing. I can see why he was cautious about subs, Gross and Propper arguably the most influential players for us, but both only just back form injury.

I do think CH was too late with he subs today but in his defence both Murray and Ryan were carrying knocks and Propper and Gross were just back from injury so he may have been concerned about rolling the dice too early and then an injury leaving us down to 10.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I was sat in a different spot to usual today as my son was a mascot. Mascots and parents sit in W1A by the South West corner flag and so we had a full on view of the second half, since it was mainly conducted at that end.

There is very little blame to be attached to the players at the back. I have to say we were close enough to talk to Bernardo and got a really good view of Dunk and Duffy's efforts too and they were first class. These guys were sweating blood to put in the tackles, close off chances and clear the ball. There was one cross from Albrighton that Duffy cleared for a throw in on the slide. If he missed Vardy had a tap in for 1-2.

The fact is we were on the back foot against a ten man team. The fact is we had no pass outlets. They (Leicester) pressed us and passed well so it was partly down to them but, with a man spare, we should have been doing it to them. Hughton has dropped two points here. I'm a big fan but everything I read from Norwich fans when we appointed him rang true today. We had a man over, our most creative player back, Propper shoring up midfield and a left back who looked truly up for it and what did we do? Sit back, play within our shells, give the ball away and bring on March who had a 2/10 game at best.

I should be on cloud 9 because my son was so well looked after and had an amazing day but we chucked that away and it's all down to the manager.

March 2 out of 10 at best? He looked miles better than knocky when he came on and looked like one of the few players who would create - added energy that had been lacking.

"All down to the manager" - The manager that spent the WHOLE 2nd half shouting at his players to push forward more and was going mental at them when they kept going backward?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
What frustrated me amongst many frustrations today is that Locadia looked really good when he came on. Murray is obviously so important to us, yet despite being a goal up against 10 men he played the entire second half with his leg strapped, risking further damage. What a golden opportunity to protect Glenn and give Locadia a full half. Why so frustrating? Because despite being one of Locadia's sternest critics, after his 6 minute cameo, I was left wanting more.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
March 2 out of 10 at best? He looked miles better than knocky when he came on and looked like one of the few players who would create - added energy that had been lacking.

"All down to the manager" - The manager that spent the WHOLE 2nd half shouting at his players to push forward more and was going mental at them when they kept going backward?

March was awful. He can't take set pieces as well as Knocky, can't beat players like Knocky and spent most of today giving the ball away.

The important instructions are given in the dressing room at half time not on the sideline when you can't hear over 30,000 people. Puel got them right and Hughton got them wrong.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Boos heard on the stream at full-time whistle and mentioned by the commentators of said stream.

Some fans getting a little twitchy or are they justified today?

Yeah, try actually turning up mate and paying money to watch negative football, boos justified.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
March was awful. He can't take set pieces as well as Knocky, can't beat players like Knocky and spent most of today giving the ball away.

The important instructions are given in the dressing room at half time not on the sideline when you can't hear over 30,000 people. Puel got them right and Hughton got them wrong.

That corner March took that didn’t beat the first man, made me want Dean Cox back on corners. £20k+ a week and can’t put a cross in

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Can't agree...looked more threatening in the short time he was on than AK did in his time during that second half

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Can't agree...looked more threatening in the short time he was on than AK did in his time during that second half

Knockaert gets the assist for the goal, was often double marked and was clapped off by the Leicester fans. March had a lot of the ball because they knew he wasn't quick enough to get round the back of them - but he did eff all with it.

Game of opinions though,

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I will not be told by any prick how to support my team, they are not above me. Hughton ****ed up big time AGAIN he needs to know that. The away support is falling rapidly, why Chris? Your tactics are failing. Today your tactics failed.

We slept walked in the second half. Awful truly awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here