Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Gary Lineker - prick

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
What a lot of vitriol. Cheer up lads we won.

1. Saturday night BBC news before MOTD they still do the 'look away now, if you don't want the scores' speil. Clearly, stating the score beforehand is not in the script albeit anyone not finding out the score till then must be part deaf and blind.

2. I've gone right off Lineker from his sanctimonious twitter feed, pervy brother and his oh so hilarious presenting MOTD with his top off. He comes across like he has a trail of slime behind him wherever he goes. I'm surprised, I seem to be in a minority of 1 that thinks he's a bell end.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you're unfortunate enough to have to watch the game on an iphone, make sure you're not within hearing distance of neighbours that shout when a goal goes in. If it's like my phone, there seems to be a 30 second delay compared to the TV! (I resort to the phone when I'm cooking)

Its not an iPhone thing. Any online stream of the game is always going to be running behind live TV.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Begins the MOTD England highlights show tonight with "I'm going to say it...England win on penalties". Grinning.

What a complete and utter wankpuffin. I managed to watch it live, but have a mate who had to work, he forbid me from texting, and did his damndest to avoid the result so he could race home for the highlights not knowing the result. Then you get that.

There are certain unwritten rules amongst football fans. You don't bullshit fake goals, and you don't dob a score in. Lineker proved himself to be a prize prick tonight, that was piss poor from him. I'm sure there are plenty of others who watched the highlights thoroughly macked off at finding out at the top of the programme like that. Can't trust the jug-eared DILBERT can we ? If the BBC don't have live coverage of the semi (should we get there), I'm bollocksed if I'd be tuning in to that mug first knockings were I not able to see it live. I'd give it 5 minutes at least.

What an absolute spanner.

i was more annoyed by our boys trying to match it with a load of wily old gentlemen ......panama should have been a warning and neymars looking antics but no we got a lead and then shrunk back like a prebubescent knob ....hopefully a lesson learned on the pitch and as far as lineker , i reckon he's earned the right to say what the fook he wants, but that's just me .....48 hrs wide awake , no gear ....bring on the shcmerds , easier than the drugistas i reckon ....:thumbsup:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
If you're unfortunate enough to have to watch the game on an iphone, make sure you're not within hearing distance of neighbours that shout when a goal goes in. If it's like my phone, there seems to be a 30 second delay compared to the TV! (I resort to the phone when I'm cooking)

Pretty much this - I was watching on ITV Hud and next door neighbours cheered once, then cheered again. About a 10/15 second delay so kind of spoilt it for me as i knew what had happened.

Oh, they woke the 2 year old up, i maybe had a little bit to do with it as well.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Grown man writes "ffs" like he's 15.

OMG. ROFL.

scraping tbe barrel in an unsuccessful attempt at undermning my point ffs is an abbteviation of an old and well used phrase , for **** sake , your examples are relatively new ones brought about by the mobile phone generation , now run along and try.to do better next time .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
i was more annoyed by our boys trying to match it with a load of wily old gentlemen ......panama should have been a warning and neymars looking antics but no we got a lead and then shrunk back like a prebubescent knob ....hopefully a lesson learned on the pitch and as far as lineker , i reckon he's earned the right to say what the fook he wants, but that's just me .....48 hrs wide awake , no gear ....bring on the shcmerds , easier than the drugistas i reckon ....[emoji106]
In trouble with the Mrs again mate? [emoji23]

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
scraping tbe barrel in an unsuccessful attempt at undermning my point ffs is an abbteviation of an old and well used phrase , for **** sake , your examples are relatively new ones brought about by the mobile phone generation , now run along and try.to do better next time .

Scrapping the barrell in a unsuccessful attempt to write a paragraph in English. Do better next time.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Apologies then. It didn't exactly come across as an OBVIOUS one though, did it. Nice insults though. Good morning.

I'm really confused now. I thought you realised it was a joke and were responding in a reciprical light hearted banterish manner and it was [MENTION=25308]Gabbafella[/MENTION] who was misinterpreting your banter. Now it appears you were the guilty party.
Is there perhaps a way where we can signal to one another when we are being serious and when we are bantering. It might help avoid a lot of unnecessary unpleasantness. I've often noticed how the introduction of irony causes its own additional confusion, hostility and "whoosh" moments.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm really confused now. I thought you realised it was a joke and were responding in a reciprical light hearted banterish manner and it was [MENTION=25308]Gabbafella[/MENTION] who was misinterpreting your banter. Now it appears you were the guilty party.
Is there perhaps a way where we can signal to one another when we are being serious and when we are bantering. It might help avoid a lot of unnecessary unpleasantness. I've often noticed how the introduction of irony causes its own additional confusion, hostility and "whoosh" moments.

come round here with yer fancy ideas........tsk tsk .....:wozza:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Pretty much this - I was watching on ITV Hud and next door neighbours cheered once, then cheered again. About a 10/15 second delay so kind of spoilt it for me as i knew what had happened.

Oh, they woke the 2 year old up, i maybe had a little bit to do with it as well.

SD TV is about as close to live as you can get, then HD, then satelite, then streaming. For penalties I switched to SD TV as I could hear the neighbours too

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

None of it really matters though does it. I'm far too long in the tooth to get all angsty about anything written on here tbh.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I once got a free copy of the book of 'The Usual Suspects' (I'd not seen the film) with a magazine and they gave the ending away in the specially written introduction :(

But anyway, Lineker is quality, score-spoiling notwithstanding, and maybe figured that as at least 23.6 million people watched the match live that mostpeople who wanted to know already did :thumbsup:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Well at least two of them appear to be on this thread, being as they've had a grizzle at me for mentioning the England result here, two hours after the end of the game. On a football messageboard.

I believe they were trolling you mate!

I do have sympathy. Lineker clearly knew there were people who didn't know the result, as he mentioned giving away the result before he did so whilst laughing about it. Bit of a dickish move, but Lineker's always been a bit of a plum IMO.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Wait, people actually find the phrase ‘wankpuffin’ funny?

Really?

It’s up there with ‘turboc*nt’ and ‘cockwomble’ as the sort of shit I’d expect a group of 13 year olds to find mildly amusing. Obviously I forgot the rules to being funny on NSC are 1) use stupid phrases you’d never actually use in real life & B) put random words in block capitals. Comedic genius.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here