Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sebastien Pocognoci signs on a season long loan deal

Baggie192

May 26, 2014
Decent signing never shy of a tackle. Never understood Pulis's problem with him. I wish him well and good luck to you for the season

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Decent signing never shy of a tackle. Never understood Pulis's problem with him. I wish him well and good luck to you for the season

Thanks, can we have lambert too

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Naylor says the signing is on course, due for a medical.

This makes total sense, no matter how hopeful it is. Give Naylor and co. all the info they want about this signing allowing them to push hard in the background for a real big one without the press.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My best mate is a WBA season ticket holder and he only has good things to say. The fact he's not comfortably over 6ft and attacks at will are the reasons TP seems not to like him, but as an attacking full back at our level, he seems to believe that we won't find much better. Apparently he is an exceptional crosser too.

He still tackles like Lualua. He is a left wing-back. Not bad to have left footer to help in midfield and would actually fill a gap that was occupied inadequately by Foster-Caskey. Most important bit is passing/crossing/distribution though. No chance of getting in the WBA side at left back with Brendan Galloway on loan to them.

To my mind he covers the most important position on the left side of midfield. A gap that needed to be filled. That he can play left back as well, helps. That he is physically quite large helps as well (unlike Pritchard).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He still tackles like Lualua. He is a left wing-back. Not bad to have left footer to help in midfield and would actually fill a gap that was occupied inadequately by Foster-Caskey. Most important bit is passing/crossing/distribution though. No chance of getting in the WBA side at left back with Brendan Galloway on loan to them.

To my mind he covers the most important position on the left side of midfield. A gap that needed to be filled. That he can play left back as well, helps. That he is physically quite large helps as well (unlike Pritchard).

The video shows about 10 quality hard challenges - what are you talking about? You do realise a trait of a quality full back is to get the tackle in when the winger tries to go round you and hence you're slightly tackling from the blind side? Bizaare to say this based on a minute or two of highlights from years ago...!

Baggie192

May 26, 2014

He's a Left Back and a good one Christ knows why Pulis froze him out the oppositiion will know when he's on the field

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

This is interesting. French speaker.

Attack-minded. I wonder if he is any good at stopping crosses? All the reports I have heard is that he is not very good at defending in actual matches. He would not be he first full back that overlaps to such an extent that the opposition has the simple job of lobbing the ball into gap, like we did against Leicester and deLaet advanced too far and even a slow coach like David Lopez could get in behind him with time to spare.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Verdict from a Baggie friend of mine

Decent solid player, never had much of a chance with us but didn't let us down when played

albionite

May 20, 2009

Stop pretending you know about clubs players, it's embarrassing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here