Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big thank you to the club.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
May I add my best wishes to your son, and wish him a full and speedy recovery. Thoughts are with you and all your family.

As others have said, he's certainly in the best possible place - my son, who is now 22 and 6 ft. plus spent a lot of time at GOSH when he was young.

And well done the club.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Good luck to your son and speedy recovery.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
And my best wishes to your son and to you and your family.

I've been through the adult version of that disease and come out the other side healthy.

Just take everything a day at a time and stay positive.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Just wanted to give you all an update. The first cycle of chemo went very well and was successful in its purpose and a good remission was achieved. We're now into the second cycle, so dealing with the side effects again. He seems in a very good place physically and mentally (although in his words Saturday didn't help). The other reason I'm posting here, is that for the past 3-4 weeks since he's been losing his hair he's coined a phrase that had been often repeated which is "bald for promotion", hopefully he's right. Think the boredom is getting to him a bit which I can fully understand. The good thing is although we won't be attending any more matches this season he does have access to Sky Sports, so all those moved matches are great for us and they give him something to look forward to. He's asked me what would happen if we got to the play off final, I said I wouldn't go and that I'd be watching it with him at the hospital which pleased him greatly. I also just wanted to say thank you for all the support from everyone here, be it on this thread, in person or messages, so thank you.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Just wanted to give you all an update. The first cycle of chemo went very well and was successful in its purpose and a good remission was achieved. We're now into the second cycle, so dealing with the side effects again. He seems in a very good place physically and mentally (although in his words Saturday didn't help). The other reason I'm posting here, is that for the past 3-4 weeks since he's been losing his hair he's coined a phrase that had been often repeated which is "bald for promotion", hopefully he's right. Think the boredom is getting to him a bit which I can fully understand. The good thing is although we won't be attending any more matches this season he does have access to Sky Sports, so all those moved matches are great for us and they give him something to look forward to. He's asked me what would happen if we got to the play off final, I said I wouldn't go and that I'd be watching it with him at the hospital which pleased him greatly. I also just wanted to say thank you for all the support from everyone here, be it on this thread, in person or messages, so thank you.

All the best to you and your son #baldforpromotion :wink:

He needs a Bruno beard now.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just wanted to give you all an update. The first cycle of chemo went very well and was successful in its purpose and a good remission was achieved. We're now into the second cycle, so dealing with the side effects again. He seems in a very good place physically and mentally (although in his words Saturday didn't help). The other reason I'm posting here, is that for the past 3-4 weeks since he's been losing his hair he's coined a phrase that had been often repeated which is "bald for promotion", hopefully he's right. .

Make sure you remind him that the baldest man in the squad has been one of the absolute stars of this season, and is a prime candidate for Player of the Year :)

Bald is beautiful :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Great news, fingers and everything else crossed here for you all. A very close family member has been in remission for over 5 years now from something similar

We were chatting on the way back last night about the Boro game and any potential fancy dress arrangements. Consensus was doing a 'Bruno' funnily enough - fleshy coloured swimming hats or the full shave for the brave - #baldforpromotion might just have some legs........

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
puts life into perspective
best wishes to you all
#baldforpromotion

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Great news. Hope the recovery continues apace - a few more wins should aid the recuperation. #baldforpromotion

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A lot of us need make not trouble the barbers to go #baldforpromotion

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
#baldforpromotion

Love it! Plucky lad.

All the very best to lil Charley. We're all rooting for him

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Just want to add my best wishes to a brave lad.
Get well soon Charley, this could be our season and if so we will need you back on duty at the Amex in the Premiership. If we don't make it (heaven forbid) then we'll need you back for a promotion season in 2016/17!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great news - thanks for the update.

#BaldForPromotion

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I think we know what you're going through - as I posted a couple of months ago about our 7 year old Grandson who went into cardiac arrest while playing footy at school. The paramedics had to cut open his favourite Albion shirt - the club sent him a replacement home shirt plus an away shirt signed by the whole first team squad. He is now well on the road to recovery having been fitted with a mini defibrillator, and was back in his seat in the east stand for the Burnley Game. I hope and pray that Charley recovers as well, and will be back to watch the Albion in the Premiership next season - He is in the very best place for his treatment.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I think we know what you're going through - as I posted a couple of months ago about our 7 year old Grandson who went into cardiac arrest while playing footy at school. The paramedics had to cut open his favourite Albion shirt - the club sent him a replacement home shirt plus an away shirt signed by the whole first team squad. He is now well on the road to recovery having been fitted with a mini defibrillator, and was back in his seat in the east stand for the Burnley Game. I hope and pray that Charley recovers as well, and will be back to watch the Albion in the Premiership next season - He is in the very best place for his treatment.

#baldforpromotion - love it! I started losing my hair about 10 years into my Albion watching (1970ish) career, and we've had several promotions since then - not to mention the odd relegation, and nearly being dumped into the Conference!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
To the tune of "Guantanamera":

"Bald for promotion,
We're going bald for promotion,
Bald for promotion,
We're going bald for promotion..." (repeat ad infinitum)

Sheer inspiration from Charley Jnr.

I'd imagine that thousands singing this at 'Boro would help his recovery!

Over to you, Albion fans...

#BaldForPromotion

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here