Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Sheff Wed

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Stockdale - 8 One outstanding save kept us in the game. Poor distribution too often cost him the 9!

Rosenior - 7 Steady game. SWFC lacked any real quality so rarely troubled
Goldson - 9 MOTM. He really is developing into a class act. Calm and composed
Dunk - 7 Did ok. Nice to see him play a game without any acts of crass stupidity!
Bruno - 7 Far from his best game. Wasteful with the ball too often but put in some good tackles.

Knockeart - 5 Never really in the game. Worryingly, his recent performances have been on the slide
Stephens - 5 Not the same player without Kayal alongside him
Sidwell - 3 No quality. Little effort. Not good enough
Murphy - 5 No impact or influence on the game

Hemed - 5 Minimal contribution but very little service
Baldock - 4 Ran around a lot but still no contribution. You know. The kind of performance that CMS used to get slaughtered for on here. Not Championship quality.

Bobby - 4
Kaz - 4
Wilson -3

CH - 3 Didn't learn from the mistake of dropping Kayal at Cardiff. Kayal is the engine & inspiration in our team. He is our Gerrard if you like. If he is fit, he plays. Substitutions were all "like for like" and made things a bit worse rather than better. Didn't change the set-up to try to win the game. Very disappointing.

SWFC - 6 No real quality in their side but still more competitive than us on the night.

Ref - 5 A bit odd!

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
What a poor game. Clearly we can't play in the rain - last wet and windy game was Cardiff and look what happened there. Sidwell was awful. At least he admitted as much when interviewed after the game.

Stockdale 7. Couple of decent saves, but a couple of kicks into touch and too much hoofing for my liking.
Bruno 7. OK game.
Goldson 8 MOM
Dunk 8
Rosenior 8.
Stephens 5. Not at his best. Clearly needs Kayal alongside.
Sidwell 2. Very poor. Slow, no forward movement, crap passing. So far he has done nothing of note in his couple of games. I would have preferred to see Ince.
Murphy 6. Made an effort, but not his day.
Knockaert 4. Poor decision making.
Baldock 5. Put some effort in, but that's about it.
Hemed 4. Did nothing of note.

Subs:
Zamora 5. A couple of decent headers. Offside two or three times.
Lua Lua 4. One decent shot, fell over, not much else.
Wilson 2. Did absolutely nothing.

Shame he's not playing for us at the moment.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Stockdale 8 Two good saves. Decent distribution. Commanding in the area/
Bruno 7 Good defensively and some nice passes.
Rosenior 7 Solid and the megs in the first half was ace.
Goldson 8 Really really good.
Dunk 7 One mistake, but generally solid.
Stevens 6 Tried to unlock their defence with sharp passing but wasn't really "in tune" with the forward line.
Sidwell 5 One or two good tackles, but pedestrian beyond that.
Knockhaert 5 Off the boil
Hemed 6 Worked hard but no end product
Baldock 6 Same as Hemed
Murphy 6.5 Same as Hemed and Baldock but at least was vaguely entertaining with the odd bit of skill.

Overall a difficult match in difficult conditions against a side who clearly wanted a point and little else.

CHs fast paced dynamic 442 has at times been entertaining, and with it we've smashed some teams. I think last night would have suited the 5 in midfield possession game we had with Poyet.

Anyway Wednesday are a good side. Bannan is the kind of central midfielder we don't have, I like him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Goldson 8
Stockdale 7
Dunk 7
Bruno 6
Rosenior 6
Murphy 6
Stephens 5
Hemed 5
Knockaert 5
Baldock 5
Sidwell 4

Subs
Lualua 5
Zamora 4
Wilson n/a

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale 8
Bruno 6
Dunk 7
Goldson 8 MoM
Rosenior 7
Knockaert 5
Sidwell 4
Stephens 5
Murphy 6
Hemed 5
Baldock 5

Zamora 5
Lualua 5
Wilson 4

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I don't get the Stockdale 7 thing - he earnt us the point. Made a couple of very good saves, kept a clean sheet and good distribution too. What does he have to do to get an 8?

Stockdale - 8
Bruno - 7.5
Rosenior - 7.5
Dunk - 7.5
Goldson - 8.5 MOM
Sidwell - 5
Stephens - 6
Knockeart - 6
Murphy - 7
Hemed - 4
Baldock - 4

Zamora - 5
Lua Lua - 5
Wilson - 4

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Stockdale 7/8
Bruno 7
Goldson 7
Dunk 6
Rosenior 7.
Stephens 6
Sidwell 4
Murphy 6
Knockaert 4
Baldock 5
Hemed 4

Subs:
Zamora 5
Lua Lua 4
Wilson 4

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Stockdale - 8 One outstanding save kept us in the game. Poor distribution too often cost him the 9!

Can you remember any examples of his 'poor distribution'? I certainly can't. I thought it was pretty good all night - can't remember him once kicking the ball out, for example, and he nearly always found his man. You can't expect a goalkeeper to ping inch-perfect passes all the time, especially in those conditions. I really can't see what he could have done differently in terms of distribution - or how another keeper would have performed any better.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stockdale 9 He put a couple of out play (even if [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] doesn't remember!) but that's secondary - his primary is goalkeeping and he was flawless last night.
Bruno 6 Ordinary game for him, caught out once by the quick feet of their left winger.
Goldson 9 Masterful at the back.
Dunk 8 Another solid performance with an added bizarre conceding of a corner with a 40 yard effort on goal!
Rosenior 6 Ordinary game at left back.
Knockaert 5 The defended him very well and he lacked any creative support whatsoever.
Sidwell 4 Poor performance in an attacking sense but he did what he was asked defensively. The formation and line up didn't suit him.
Stephens 6 One of his weaker games for us but mainly because he wasn't getting much support.
Murphy 4 Hides inside and doesn't keep any width which is a problem when the game is really tight. No positive impact last night.
Hemed 3 Absolutely not involved in any way, shape or form. I'm really not sure how to mark that performance but he put himself about a bit.
Baldock 2 Put his shirt on the right way around, and wasn't wearing gloves so he gets some marks. Performance was laughable, again. Out of his depth.

Subs

Zamora 5 Oddly came on to defend a free kick and then took up a nothing position in the wall. Reminiscent of when I started playing new Football Manager and wasn't sure how to line up the players so I had an ineffective set up.
LuaLua 2 As crap as Baldock but at least he got a shot off at one point and negated that by falling over.
Wilson N/A Didn't touch the ball, how can he be rated?

Hughton 3 Didn't use an umbrella, so he got that right. That would be it though.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Can you remember any examples of his 'poor distribution'? I certainly can't. I thought it was pretty good all night - can't remember him once kicking the ball out, for example, and he nearly always found his man. You can't expect a goalkeeper to ping inch-perfect passes all the time, especially in those conditions. I really can't see what he could have done differently in terms of distribution - or how another keeper would have performed any better.

At least two kicks directly into touch in the 2nd half.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Rosenior played well enough last night, but now that Bong is fit I think he should take over at left back. We really need a left-footer in that position. Rosenior will be invaluable on the bench, or starting in midfield depending on our formation.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Rosenior played well enough last night, but now that Bong is fit I think he should take over at left back. We really need a left-footer in that position. Rosenior will be invaluable on the bench, or starting in midfield depending on our formation.

Not sure that changing a defence that has not conceded in the 4 games he has started is the best idea....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Highly variable. (I usually give 6s and 7s). Defence played OK. Attcak had not joy.

Stockdale 8
Bruno 7
Dunk 6
Goldson 9 MOM Terrific performance. Did not put a foot or header wrong. Very encouraging.
Rosenior 6
Knockaert 3 Lost the ball a lot.
Sidwell 6
Stephens 7
Murphy 8 Did not lose the ball, created one very good chance and shot over the bar. Quite good I thought.
Hemed 6
Baldock 2

Zamora 2
Lualua 3
Wilson n/a (did he get a touch? one)

Hughton 4

At least we did not give away our game plan for the playoffs 6

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/9...onship-2015-2016-Brighton-Sheffield-Wednesday

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
At least two kicks directly into touch in the 2nd half.

Don't remember that but even so the swirling wind and rain may have had something to do with it. I think his distribution has improved greatly and didn't really see anything to criticise in his performance last night.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Highly variable. (I usually give 6s and 7s). Defence played OK. Attcak had not joy.

Stockdale 8
Bruno 7
Dunk 6
Goldson 9 MOM Terrific performance. Did not put a foot or header wrong. Very encouraging.
Rosenior 6
Knockaert 3 Lost the ball a lot.
Sidwell 6
Stephens 7
Murphy 8 Did not lose the ball, created one very good chance and shot over the bar. Quite good I thought.
Hemed 6
Baldock 2

Zamora 2
Lualua 3
Wilson n/a (did he get a touch? one)

Hughton 4

At least we did not give away our game plan for the playoffs 6

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/9...onship-2015-2016-Brighton-Sheffield-Wednesday

I'd love to know what your logic is for giving Baldock a 2 and Hemed a 6. And a 3 point difference between Dunk and Goldson? And a 6 for Sidwell who was arguably the worst player on the pitch?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Notwithstanding the fact that we didn't concede, but I honestly thought Dunk was poor last night, and looked a liability at times. How he got away with things was a fine line.

Clearly that's not a common view though!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stockdale 8 Arguably MOM doing what he is paid to do saving us on at least 3 occasions from conceding.
Bruno 7 Solid and reliable
Goldson 8 In contention for MOM improves with each game with no faults.
Dunk 7 Dominated the big strikers and apart from 1 bad back pass made no mistakes.
Rosenior 7 Very effective and showed his intelligence and ability when needed.
Knockhaert 6 Very subdued and tightly marked and couldnt break free.
Stephens 6 Ok but does not get or play forward enough.
Sidwell 6 Did the job expected of him satisfactorily
Muprhy 6 Did not run at his full back enough Perhaps needs Bong back pushing him forward.
Hemed 6 Received no service and dominated by their CB.
Baldock 6 as per Hemed.

Subs
Zamora 5 Did nothing when he came on other than run around.
Lua Lua 4 Did even less than BZ when he came on didnt look interested in getting into the game
Wilson 4 Much the same as Lua Lua.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ermmmmmmm..................

I actually think that it's a fair comment, he wasn't told to be Kayal or be attacking. He did little going forward, but was he told to? I'm not sure. He didn't contribute much to the game but I'm not convinced he was told to do too much more. I get the impression that Hughton was worried about their midfield and didn't want us to be exposed so both Stephens and Sidwell were sitting in and not over committing. Personally, I would want more from our team but whether Hughton was of the opinion that we should be attacking or not will never be known.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Notwithstanding the fact that we didn't concede, but I honestly thought Dunk was poor last night, and looked a liability at times. How he got away with things was a fine line.

Clearly that's not a common view though!

He wasn't as good as some of the marks given on here IMO. The 40 yard back pass that went for a corner was embarrassingly bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here