Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Interesting to see next Thursdays minimum night time temperature is a fair chance it could be 60 f smashing records

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Interesting to see next Thursdays minimum night time temperature is a fair chance it could be 60 f smashing records

There's some very high 850hpa temps forecast for the back end of the week. The December CET record is in danger of being broken.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There's some very high 850hpa temps forecast for the back end of the week. The December CET record is in danger of being broken.
They said today Thursday could see mid teens min nighttime temperature could be up to 63 f if so

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The record is 56 f that will be smashed

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is there any end in sight to this papa ? What is the longest sw flow on record been 10 weeks now ?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
man made green house effect causing no chance of snow in the south of England. Christmas cards should show bonday beach rather than a white christmas

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
A frost would be nice. My dog Dexter is 3 and never had a walk in the white stuff yet. I blame him for the decline in coldness

Dam Dog.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Interesting to see if anywhere will reach 17 c 63 f today

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They talked about 16c in London this week...daft

Very long fetch southerly wind. The record for each day varies, but we've seen 18C+ in the UK in the past, but always involving the Fohn effect in the lee of mountains.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
16 C 61 F at 10 am this morning, Heathrow so 18 C 64 F is possible. The all time metcheck record for a 24 hours in December at 12.90 C is guaranteed to be broken today, it could be 14 C 57 F

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Best mothball this thread for a couple of weeks.

Flex Your Head

Looking at the two next two weeks or so on the Met Office and trying to interpret the huge range of Meteociel charts, there would appear to be minimal hope for those of us who enjoy a bit of frost. But thinking back to the snowy episodes we had a few years back, how far ahead were they forecast? Surely it can't have been more than 5 or 6 days? How quickly can / do things change?

(I'm not getting desperate - well, maybe a little - I'm genuinely interested).

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is this the worst " winter " of all time ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here