Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rio Ferdinand banned for 3 games for 'abusive' tweet

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Football players are role models for youngsters, a lot of whom no doubt follow him on Twitter. If he doesn't understand this, and has to respond with a 'lad' response, he just reinforces the preconception that CH's are a shade thicker than other positions on the pitch :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Banned for a tweet... Ludicrous
If it was something serious, like a racist tweet, then I could understand. But for a mum joke? Jesus. Gerrard got nothing for punching someone in the face.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If it was something serious, like a racist tweet, then I could understand. But for a mum joke? Jesus. Gerrard got nothing for punching someone in the face.

Stevie Me was provoked though, someone said that Rick Astley was a better singer than Jason Donovan and it kicked off.

Just as well Stevie had only four of his mates to hold the other bloke down, AND he was found not guilty by twelve good scousers in a jury.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If only Rio had Tweeted about skinny big titted broads, as did PL chief Richard Scudamore, he would have got away with it just a half hearted apology prepared by his lawyers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here