Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First player for Brighton who was younger than you?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not sure - first game was Mansfield at Home in 1987/88 promotion season. I would of been 11. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably David Gipp or Chapman

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Looks like it was Sam Gargan.

He made his Football League and Brighton debut on 26 April 2008, coming on as an 85th-minute substitute for Glenn Murray during the 2-0 away victory over Bristol Rovers at the Memorial Stadium (from wiki)

From looking at your profile you're only two weeks older than me. In which case, it's probably Sam Gargan for me, too.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I suspect it was Jake Robinson.

But in general it was Wayne Rooney that blew my mind. He is only a month younger than me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The worry starts when Brighton managers are younger than you. The first one for me was Steve Gritt and all the managers since Coppell have been younger than me ... and there'll never be another one older

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
The worry starts when Brighton managers are younger than you. The first one for me was Steve Gritt and all the managers since Coppell have been younger than me ... and there'll never be another one older

Barry Lloyd was the first younger manager than me.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Probably Giles Stille, I reckon :)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Not 100% sure, but the first time I noticed, was when Derek McGrath came off the bench at Anfield in the 1991 Cup tie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here