Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
What a forking joke. One days extra rest. No mention the taffies had to travel all the way up whereas his mob just stayed in their Croydon slums.
Outrageous decisions against them.
His record never going down is going to be spoiled.
Tw4t

His record of never taking a club down was preserved by Newcastle when it looked like he would do just that, they sacked him before it happened.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Whoever it was said that Benteke, Cabaye et al wouldn't be up for a relegation scrap are being proved right. Palace truly look woeful

Slightly unfair. Apparently Cabaye was up for a scrap. Unfortunately it was with a Palace fan slagging him off and he offered to fight him outside the stadium after the game.

:catfight:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Away game nights out like that are the one's to savour and live long in the memory. I still recall midweek trips to places like Rushden and Diamonds, made more out of a sense of duty rather than hope, and coming away with an unlikely 3 points and no voice.

Great stuff. That result tonight has made me happier than I have any right to be.

Yeah, he went up to West Brom the other week and was in despair at just how crap they were (lost 3-0). He's slightly hoarse now, but that's a bonus, as- to be brutally honest- he's one of only two Welshmen on the planet who have no singing ability whatsoever (along with H from Steps), so my ears will get a bit of a break :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Whoever it was said that Benteke, Cabaye et al wouldn't be up for a relegation scrap are being proved right. Palace truly look woeful

Apparently Delaney gave booing fans the bird at half time too :clap2:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think Hull and Swansea are in big trouble having to get new managers in at the halfway point. The real battle will be between the managers; Allardyce, Moyes and Karanka but the latter have had more time with the team. Palace are nicely positioned for a nail biting second half of the season.

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
Palace are currently 25/1 to finish bottom of the prem. That's worth a tenner of anyone's money.

odds.JPG

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Middlesbrough's solution to their lack of goals appears to be bringing in a Championship striker in Gestede. I think they'll be down there. Burnley have done OK, entirely down to some great home results (they've only won a single point away from Turf Moor all season). Watford & Sunderland are the other obvious candidates, though it would be quite funny if Leicester found themselves in serious trouble after last year. Even after sacking Phelan, I can't see Hull recovering, as they won't spend money on any decent players this month.

So Hull look doomed, and the other two places must be from Palace, Sunderland, Watford or Boro, surely. I'll hope for Palace & Boro.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What a forking joke. One days extra rest. No mention the taffies had to travel all the way up whereas his mob just stayed in their Croydon slums.
Outrageous decisions against them.
His record never going down is going to be spoiled.
Tw4t

Blimey. He was baffled and the players were confused. That’s the worst post match interview I have ever heard from him. Maybe he hasn’t got over the England job yet.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Blimey. He was baffled and the players were confused. That’s the worst post match interview I have ever heard from him. Maybe he hasn’t got over the England job yet.

Then again, the Crystal Palace boss also blamed his players… and “perhaps” himself.

He's going to become a Croydon legend :laugh:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And delighted that the excellently named Angel Rangel got the winner - another footballer who does quite a lot of charity work for the community. And he doesn't get many!

Swansea's version of Calderon. Long serving, loved by the fans, intelligent, and- as you say- does far more than his fair share of community interaction. I seem to recall he was out and about buying food for homeless people at some point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here