Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield Manager David Wagner leaving for Wolfsburg?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
To echo a few comments on this thread: I was thinking the same thing. Is Rowett going to take the first offer available to him, or take a bit of time?

Hmmm Huddersfield or Norwich? Norwich or Huddersfield? A similarly difficult decision to the one faced by Nathan perhaps if he is offered the Rotherham job?

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
To echo a few comments on this thread: I was thinking the same thing. Is Rowett going to take the first offer available to him, or take a bit of time?

Hard to gauge how attractive the Huddersfield job is because it does appear as though Wagner is a great manager getting a lot out of average players, can't imagine Rowett will be short of offers so I would be a bit surprised if he does take the job should it come up

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Hard to gauge how attractive the Huddersfield job is because it does appear as though Wagner is a great manager getting a lot out of average players, can't imagine Rowett will be short of offers so I would be a bit surprised if he does take the job should it come up

Agree, although I'd add what you've said about Wagner you could say about Rowett.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You never know in this league. Although I agree with HKFC that Hudds could be that annoying team that stay around the top 8 and take points off the likes of Derby, Villa, Norwich & Wednesday. Same with Leeds possibly. Give it another 10 games and we'll know more on what other results we'll be hoping for. Derby are the worry for me now.

I am not the least bit worried about Norwich - They have 33 points and only 2 of those points came against the teams currently in the top 12 of the league

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is Rowett going to take the first offer available to him, or take a bit of time?

It depends if he wants to retain the same backroom staff he had at Birmingham; if so, he'll probably look to move quickly.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Huddersfield Town boss David Wagner has turned down an offer to manage Bundesliga side Wolfsburg.

BBC Radio Leeds understands the German club approached Wagner on Monday, but the former USA international rejected the offer on Tuesday.

The 45-year-old ex-Borussia Dortmund second-team coach took over at the Terriers in November 2015.

Town, who have won their last three games, are fourth in the Championship, 10 points behind leaders Newcastle.

Huddersfield led the table in October and have been one of the surprise packages of the campaign, having finished 19th in the table last season.

Wolfsburg reached the Champions League quarter finals last season, but are now 15th in Germany's top-flight.

The Terriers are next in action when they host Nottingham Forest on Boxing Day.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Huddersfield Town boss David Wagner has turned down an offer to manage Bundesliga side Wolfsburg.

BBC Radio Leeds understands the German club approached Wagner on Monday, but the former USA international rejected the offer on Tuesday.

The 45-year-old ex-Borussia Dortmund second-team coach took over at the Terriers in November 2015.

Town, who have won their last three games, are fourth in the Championship, 10 points behind leaders Newcastle.

Huddersfield led the table in October and have been one of the surprise packages of the campaign, having finished 19th in the table last season.

Wolfsburg reached the Champions League quarter finals last season, but are now 15th in Germany's top-flight.

The Terriers are next in action when they host Nottingham Forest on Boxing Day.

Good man. Knows which side his toast is buttered. I think.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
That is showing commitment - hope the club stick by him if in the future they don't reach the "promised land."

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Interesting how out of all the WHO IS OUR BIGGEST THREAT threads, pretty much nobody has said Huddersfield.

Decent manager, seem to be very unified and the closest to us other than Reading who have a run of 3/4 very difficult games, whereas Hudds have a run of 3/4 very winnable games.

We play them away in early Feb and something tells me that's going to be a big one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here