Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty SOCKS it to the NSC LICKERS (& Hyypia) in the Herald this week

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Harty has done more for this club than those who spend much of their lives posting 10k+ posts on a football forum.

The insults towards him on this thread are disgusting.

Obviously from those not around in the early 90's.

Agreed

Barber would 100% seek to reign in the club's "unofficial forum" that holds thousands of members, including thousands of season ticket holders. This forum is "the media" for shaping fans opinions, a prize asset for the club's marketing needs.

No he wouldn't and it is not the only media, not by a long shot. What they might do is pass on the sort of information that allows the site's writers to leak stories ahead of any journalists they have the hump with. In my humble opinion.

Giraffe has admitted there are many emails between the club and this forum.

I'd be worried if there weren't.

Whenever there's information about inner workings or events inside the club that doesn't paint the club in a positive light, the board goes down, posts are removed, and/or people are banned.

Not true.

Whenever posts generally go against the board's decisions or strategy, a moderator or two seem to steam into the post and protect the clubs image.

Something I have noticed but a) I'm looking for it as I have written some blog posts criticising the recruitment policy and marketing spin and b) it might just be their opinion anyway.

On this very thread, Bozza should clearly state all his meetings where Barber has been present, why they occured, and what was said.

God no, please.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Is it possible that Harty conspired with Ernest to start this thread ?
Lot of respect for Harty...I don't always agree with him but like you and me he has the right to post his views...just as Ernest does...and Ernie is not always wrong...Good old NSC ...if you don't agree with the post ...slag off the poster...thought most fans on here had left school by now.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Harty has done more for this club than those who spend much of their lives posting 10k+ posts on a football forum.

Regardless, he has only implied something, and something that does carry weight.

I wouldn't be suprised if Bozza had a meeting with the club around the time Poyet left / Poogate - and became a part of the clubs marketing and PR.

Barber would 100% seek to reign in the club's "unofficial forum" that holds thousands of members, including thousands of season ticket holders. This forum is "the media" for shaping fans opinions, a prize asset for the club's marketing needs.

Whenever there's information about inner workings or events inside the club that doesn't paint the club in a positive light, the board goes down, posts are removed, and/or people are banned. A message of libel/fear/paranoia/ blah blah is given as the reason.......but it's fair game on here when politicians or famous people are torn to shreds, theorised, and put in a negative light.

Whenever posts generally go against the board's decisions or strategy, a moderator or two seem to steam into the post and protect the clubs image.

Harty is bang on the money for me, but without proof, those addicted to NSC will defend where they spend much of their life, but if they knew they spent much of their life on a club PR tool, well, i'm sure it would create the ultimate binfest of binfests.

Just look how much venom has been spat trying to defend a softly implied accusation?

On this very thread, Bozza should clearly state all his meetings where Barber has been present, why they occured, and what was said.

Ian Hart keeps banging on about the "privileged platform" that his column in the Worthing Herald affords him. Well, with privilege also comes responsibility and he shouldn't use a newspaper column to make softly implied accusations (to use your phrase) unless he can substantiate them - which he can't. If he wants to do that he should do that on here - not in a newspaper.

I don't see any of what you claim above, but that is just my view. If you don't like NSC or how it is administered then you should follow the advice given to many others over the 16 or 17 years it has been running - including me on several occasions - and that is go and find somewhere else to read and post about the Albion and all other things.

Nobody has any right to demand to know the inner workings of the site or who said what to whom. We aren't shareholders - it is a free service provided to all of us, and if we don't like the way it run we have the choice to go elsewhere.

I was around in the 90s, and still have my Gull's Eye's in the loft. But that was then and this is now.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Regardless, he has only implied something, and something that does carry weight.

I wouldn't be suprised if Bozza had a meeting with the club around the time Poyet left / Poogate - and became a part of the clubs marketing and PR.

Whenever there's information about inner workings or events inside the club that doesn't paint the club in a positive light, the board goes down, posts are removed, and/or people are banned. A message of libel/fear/paranoia/ blah blah is given as the reason.......but it's fair game on here when politicians or famous people are torn to shreds, theorised, and put in a negative light.

Harty is bang on the money for me, but without proof, those addicted to NSC will defend where they spend much of their life, but if they knew they spent much of their life on a club PR tool, well, i'm sure it would create the ultimate binfest of binfests.

Just look how much venom has been spat trying to defend a softly implied accusation?

No need to make another account Ian, the one will do :thumbsup:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sorry mate but might be a coincidence but Paul Samrah spoke to Paul Barber at the training ground on Sunday and he came out with a sound bite that you then used in a thread on the Monday.

Sound bite?? WTF is the world coming too when we have undertakers using office type buzz words?
Team [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] on this one

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm taking complete responsibility for the illuminati. They are watching always, along with Paul Barber.

Barber IS the Illuminati. And also a Stonecutter. Don't tell anyone though. Wink.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Happy to.

Paul Barber and I have met once. It occurred because I was taking the NSC moderators out for dinner - something we try to do twice a season - and I invited him along. It was on March 22nd, immediately following the Ipswich home game. As it turned out, it was his birthday and he was going out for dinner with his family but he still saw fit to give us an hour of his time after the formalities at the Amex had been wrapped up.

We met at Alfresco on Brighton sea front. I think he had a bottled beer - possibly a Peroni - and listened to various points of interest and tales of woe from the assembled moderating team from this fine website, which included [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION], [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION], [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION], [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION], [MENTION=6]Lord Bracknell[/MENTION] and @roz.

I'm glad I have finally had the courage to air the intimate details of my close relationship with the current Albion Chief Executive. I can't begin to imagine what you think of me now though.

I would add that I've had two conference calls with Paul Barber and David Jones, the Albion FD. In these meetings I asked a number of questions in relation to the Albion accounts, the answers have been written up here on NSC, TSLR and the club programme. My day job involves reviewing and commentating on finance issues, with a focus on sports and sport broadcasting. I wouldn't risk or compromise my professional reputation (not the clown personality I project on NSC) by just being a mouthpiece for the club.

There are far bigger clubs than the Albion who treat their fans with total contempt in relation to communication and finances. I don't agree with everything the club or Paul Barber says, but they make substantially more effort to give us an indication of how the club operates. If you want to find out how much effort, attend a fan meeting, listen to the Albion Roar, or read any one of many of the media outlets in which they publish information.

If you have a serious question, then ask it, but the nudge nudge no smoke without fire innuendo and conspiracy theories, such as those relating to TB selling to mystery overseas investors, are just a sign of ignorance, laziness and a lack of understanding of how business, especially the business of Football, works.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I haven't had any private meetings with any of them. Though I did briefly chat with Paul Barber before dinner as per Bozza's post above.

I'm pretty sure Barbs...sorry, I mean Paul...er...Mr Barber... didn't buy the drinks, which is pretty poor frankly, as normally when you're in somebody's pocket, a cheeky gin & tonic is the least one could expect. Rubbish.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I would add that I've had two conference calls with Paul Barber and David Jones, the Albion FD. In these meetings I asked a number of questions in relation to the Albion accounts, the answers have been written up here on NSC, TSLR and the club programme. My day job involves reviewing and commentating on finance issues, with a focus on sports and sport broadcasting. I wouldn't risk or compromise my professional reputation (not the clown personality I project on NSC) by just being a mouthpiece for the club.

There are far bigger clubs than the Albion who treat their fans with total contempt in relation to communication and finances. I don't agree with everything the club or Paul Barber says, but they make substantially more effort to give us an indication of how the club operates. If you want to find out how much effort, attend a fan meeting, listen to the Albion Roar, or read any one of many of the media outlets in which they publish information.

If you have a serious question, then ask it, but the nudge nudge no smoke without fire innuendo and conspiracy theories, such as those relating to TB selling to mystery overseas investors, are just a sign of ignorance, laziness and a lack of understanding of how business, especially the business of Football, works.

All fair points,but still like Ian though and that's what i like about this forum 'we can all agree to disgree' but we are Brighton through and through.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

What a surprise, this account links to an already banned one.........

Lot of respect for Harty...I don't always agree with him but like you and me he has the right to post his views...just as Ernest does...and Ernie is not always wrong...Good old NSC ...if you don't agree with the post ...slag off the poster...thought most fans on here had left school by now.

You sound as though you should be in an old peoples home - sorry I have posted this so late it has probably interfered with you sipping your Horlicks.

Happy to.

Paul Barber and I have met once. It occurred because I was taking the NSC moderators out for dinner - something we try to do twice a season - and I invited him along. It was on March 22nd, immediately following the Ipswich home game. As it turned out, it was his birthday and he was going out for dinner with his family but he still saw fit to give us an hour of his time after the formalities at the Amex had been wrapped up.

We met at Alfresco on Brighton sea front. I think he had a bottled beer - possibly a Peroni - and listened to various points of interest and tales of woe from the assembled moderating team from this fine website, which included [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION], [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION], [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION], [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION], [MENTION=6]Lord Bracknell[/MENTION] and @roz.

I'm glad I have finally had the courage to air the intimate details of my close relationship with the current Albion Chief Executive. I can't begin to imagine what you think of me now though.
I can reveal that, at this gathering, Paul Barber agreed with me that the best way to watch football is from behind the goal.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, all you Weststanders and 1901 Club members.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can reveal that, at this gathering, Paul Barber agreed with me that the best way to watch football is from behind the goal.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, all you Weststanders and 1901 Club members.

i've tried behind...but as i've got older i've drifted to the sides :rolleyes:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Well "90's" excepted the grammar and spelling are excellent so it's clearly not Vulture.

Are you going to clarify who you think it is? Without that it's no better than the conspiracy threads.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In the interests of openness I have to declare that in addition to the informal one hour chat referred to above I have had the following dealings with Paul Barber:

1. Emailed him to sort out a long running season ticket balls up.
2. Cc'd him in an email to Jenny Gower asking to sort out my ballsed up seat move.
3. Cc'd him in an email to JG complaining about a ballsed up direct debit.

Big conspiracy.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Says it all about Harty's shit conspiracy theory, that hybrid x feels the need to re-register to show his support.

We haven't missed you.

All the mods were doing so well with their light-hearted jokes and anecdotes but one doesn't quite get the memo and decides to check out/doxx this inconvenient-opinioned poster.

You know these insinuations of being club poodles will all go away quickly if you stop acting so thin-skinned, right?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
All the mods were doing so well with their light-hearted jokes and anecdotes but one doesn't quite get the memo and decides to check out/doxx this inconvenient-opinioned poster.

You know these insinuations of being club poodles will all go away quickly if you stop acting so thin-skinned, right?

lol...inconvenient ? do give over

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Well said in the Herald Ian. Looks like the Mods are ganging up on you, are they getting worried?

I don't think it's just the mods. More like anyone that can see that it's a pretty poor article.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here