Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How big a bonus is staying up rather then promotion in the transfer window?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
The Transfer Window SLAMS open on May 17th.

The playoff winner hasn't even been decided by then !

Will we do our business in last week before it SLAMS shut? Or will the new recruits get some pre-season.....?

theboybilly

I'm not sure too many players would be happy to follow in Uwe's footprints here, he's barely played for three years. Also, they'll be aware that Suttner has failed to get into the team due to his direct rival for the place being considered better defensively. Gross has been fantastic without question, but our other Bundesliga signings haven't worked out well either for us, or for the players.

I don't think Uwe would want to change a thing. When he played he was excellent for us and was a huge part of our recent success. Higher Bundesliga clubs seemingly didn't know what a gem they had on their doorstep. Uwe is now firmly an Albion legend. I'm sure he will settle for that and be hugely proud.

larus

Why the difference?

Given how sensible our owner and manager are, I think we are less complacent than many other teams.

I think the perceived advantage is the link to that ‘SuperAgent’ (can’t remember his name) as this will give them an advantage on signings. I did read something a short while ago that the PL clubs were concerned about this relationship.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the perceived advantage is the link to that ‘SuperAgent’ (can’t remember his name) as this will give them an advantage on signings. I did read something a short while ago that the PL clubs were concerned about this relationship.
I didn't know about this, just googled it. From the bbc:
"Under Football Association rules, club owners are prohibited from holding an interest in agencies and agents are not allowed to have an influence on the running of a club."

"conglomerate Fosun International bought Wolves for £45m in July 2016.

The deal came seven months after a subsidiary of Fosun had taken a 20% stake in Mendes' Gestifute agency."

Er...

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I didn't know about this, just googled it. From the bbc:
"Under Football Association rules, club owners are prohibited from holding an interest in agencies and agents are not allowed to have an influence on the running of a club."

"conglomerate Fosun International bought Wolves for £45m in July 2016.

The deal came seven months after a subsidiary of Fosun had taken a 20% stake in Mendes' Gestifute agency."

Er...

Not the only club that has had such a relationship with an agency despite the rules. Typical FA not wanting to enforce their rules.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I don't think Uwe would want to change a thing. When he played he was excellent for us and was a huge part of our recent success. Higher Bundesliga clubs seemingly didn't know what a gem they had on their doorstep. Uwe is now firmly an Albion legend. I'm sure he will settle for that and be hugely proud.

Too right Uwe came from Paderborn and he has gone back there just as they got promoted to the 2nd division in the Bundesliga they wont have seen his stint as a failure.

D

Deleted member 2719

Who would you play for the other 35 games though?

Ha ha, he played 20+ games this year. Scores for fun and can play the lone man and is strong for holding up play.
Surely he has to be a low risk if you can buy him for 4m?

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2018-05-07-22-28-41.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2018-05-07-22-28-41.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 80

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here