Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dario Gradi

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Right. But it is interesting that Crewe are getting all the attention in this, whereas Manchester City are barely mentioned. As I understand it, he did just as much bad at City as he did at Crewe, but they don't seem to have as much to answer?

I'm sure you'll agree Man City is a very different club and setup as it was then. Where as Crewe have the same Chairman and Gradi has been around since the 80s when Bennell was there.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Right. But it is interesting that Crewe are getting all the attention in this, whereas Manchester City are barely mentioned. As I understand it, he did just as much bad at City as he did at Crewe, but they don't seem to have as much to answer?

I think there are two reasons for this. Firstly, the ownership and management is completely different at City so it's pretty much a different club. That's not the case at Crewe; many of the admin/management are still there.

Secondly, Crewe have been in constant denial about what happened, deflecting journalist queries and presenting themselves as a victim. City realised that something went horrendously wrong and have appointed a QC to lead a thorough investigation into what happened, what City knew etc.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'd say he (Gradi) is conspicuous by his silence.

A brilliant video about a horrendous subject – so many missed chances to effectively stop the abuse before it affected countless more.

I fear this guy is just the tip of the iceberg. It's totally shocking that when the people who are there to help in these situations do NOTHING, what hope have you got?

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
I'd say he (Gradi) is conspicuous by his silence. /QUOTE]

Gradi is currently suspended by the FA and has been told to make no comments whatsoever.

Gradi is also accused of covering up paedophilia whilst a coach at Chelsea.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...s-glowing-character-reference-paedophile.html

But it is the Gradi letter which will be of most interest to an FA-convened inquiry into historic sexual abuse in football. It is already examining a claim that 76-year-old Gradi tried to 'smooth over' an allegation of abuse against coach Eddie Heath when the pair worked at Chelsea in the 1970s

Manchester City are also facing an accusation they ignored a warning in 1979 that the predator posed a risk to children. Compensation claims have been lodged with City from former youth-team players, with more expected to follow.

I think this will cost Man City Millions. Even though it was almost 40 years ago they are still liable. When an entity purchases a company or business the outstanding liabilities generally come with it.
Maybe now when a football club is on someone's shopping list due diligence will be more thorough. Wonder what it would cost now to buy Crewe ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here