Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will it all come down to the last kick and a Dean Wilkins 1991 scenario?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
A thread full of nostalgia, from gents of a certain age, thank you for cheering up my day......

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Our gates were absolute gash that season. Just 12,281 for that vital Ipswich game, and they brought a fair few of those.

But what a day that was. Didn't Digweed save a penalty before Kimoya equalised?

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
For some strange reason I was on the East Terrace that day as opposed to the North where I normally stood. Got a perfect view though as Wendy curled it in to the top corner. Lovely stuff.
Yep and me. I think they must have stopped letting people in the north as it looked rammed on the video.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
I can remember the final whistle so well........... Standing on the North Stand , leg in plaster and on crutches...... It emptied to leave me , my mate and a few others !
Oh I so wanted to be running on to that pitch............

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Yup I was there as well, fortunately it turned out to be the best position! I also remember an away at Ipswich when we went down, all I can remember is a BIG gorilla in front of me.

Yep and me. I think they must have stopped letting people in the north as it looked rammed on the video.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

It was probably because I saw the queue and thought "Bugger that!" I'll go and stand with the old man in the East. Though I did have a season ticket, mmmh? Anyone remember if a terrace season ticket could be used in any part of the ground? (Obviously not in the seats).

Downlander

Apr 14, 2011
My beloved Goldstone - theatre of dreams! What a mess! I lived on that Eastern terrace for nearly 40 years.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

That was a great 9 mins! The week after vs Millwall was immense.

They don't make goalkeepers like Phil Parkes anymore! That said Neville Southall was the same sort of size when he superbly shut us out at Withdean for Torquay in 1999.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
No. No chance of that. That would be - well, it would be utterly unbelievable.

Oh. :clap:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That was a great 9 mins! The week after vs Millwall was immense.

They don't make goalkeepers like Phil Parkes anymore! That said Neville Southall was the same sort of size when he superbly shut us out at Withdean for Torquay in 1999.

Just been watching the Newcastle (Bryan Wade) game on YouTube- they had Mick Quinn up front. Lots of clearly audible "You fat *******" and "Pompey reject" from the North Stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here