Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you think is going wrong financially? Bhafc

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I was only sharing my opinion as I'm sure everyone on this forum has, don't see the need to have go. Only time will tell what's going to happen

Which is fine.

If Tony Bloom is broke, why is he about to build a hotel?

Think about who we are competing with in the transfer market - 10 clubs with parachute payments for a start. Other clubs who appear to have unlimited budgets and Lower end PL teams who can offer much higher wages than we can. The answer is in there somewhere.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think 3, you're wetting your knickers over nothing.

Our transfer activity is a little frustrating but understandable. We've not sold our better players to league rivals, weve sold them to premier league clubs we couldn't and shouldn't stand in the way of any player that gets this oppertunity providing the buying club meets the Albions valuation. It wouldn't look particularly good to potential signings if we were seen to be stubborn or difficult with such transfers, some might even see it as a reason not to sign.

With regard to reinvestment again its frustrating but signings of a decent quality will come, we're in the middle of an over inflated market right now where players who can only really be described as good championship players are transfering for eyewatering amounts. If we're going to avoid over paying or wasting money on players that turn out to be poor additions we need to be patient.

Bloom has delivered throughout his tenure, his investment in both infrastructure and players is almost unprecedented for a club of our size and he will continue to do so but in a measured and prudent way, remember he's a fan himself, he's gone through the same as us seeing the Albion almost destroyed through debt and mismanagement, as much as I'm sure he'd like to keep chucking (for him) relatively affordable millions at players to reach his goal of premierleague football he's financing in a way that keeps us financially sound and in line with new ffp rules. How anyone can be against this is beyond me, he's safeguarding the future of our club!!!

I think you put more thought into that first sentence than the OP has out into his entire NSC career

I was only sharing my opinion as I'm sure everyone on this forum has, don't see the need to have go. Only time will tell what's going to happen

A bit of friendly advice - don't post stuff like this just after you have joined. Ease yourself in gently and once you have found your feet there a number of other posters who you will be able to interact with sensibly - mind you there will also be some others who are barking.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Nah, people don't have opinions like yours. People have an opinion about what should or shouldn't happen. Not about what is happening. That's not a matter of opinion. It's a matter of fact. The facts of the matter have been disclosed. You just want to make what is for us currently a kind of boring and frustrating situation, into a more exciting one, by pontificating about ridiculous things about which you know nothing and about which nobody else wants to hear from you, because you know nothing.

In other words, shut up.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My view and I stand to be slagged off is that TB provided the funds for Gus and he blew it. Last season was an unexpected ;bonus and he is now reassessing the situation and next season will see us challenge for automatic.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I think 3, you're wetting your knickers over nothing.

Our transfer activity is a little frustrating but understandable. We've not sold our better players to league rivals, weve sold them to premier league clubs we couldn't and shouldn't stand in the way of any player that gets this oppertunity providing the buying club meets the Albions valuation. It wouldn't look particularly good to potential signings if we were seen to be stubborn or difficult with such transfers, some might even see it as a reason not to sign.

With regard to reinvestment again its frustrating but signings of a decent quality will come, we're in the middle of an over inflated market right now where players who can only really be described as good championship players are transfering for eyewatering amounts. If we're going to avoid over paying or wasting money on players that turn out to be poor additions we need to be patient.

Bloom has delivered throughout his tenure, his investment in both infrastructure and players is almost unprecedented for a club of our size and he will continue to do so but in a measured and prudent way, remember he's a fan himself, he's gone through the same as us seeing the Albion almost destroyed through debt and mismanagement, as much as I'm sure he'd like to keep chucking (for him) relatively affordable millions at players to reach his goal of premierleague football he's financing in a way that keeps us financially sound and in line with new ffp rules. How anyone can be against this is beyond me, he's safeguarding the future of our club!!!

Far too sensible for this forum. While incoming transfer activity is rather frustrating - just because we see not much happening, it doesn't mean nothing is happening - but if anyone thinks TB would set up these superb facilities and not match it with a decent squad, is in my mind absolutely crazy. I don't see us having a squad that looks like an automatic promotion certainty, but I think it will be good enough come the end of the window to compete for p/o places.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
i was only sharing my opinion as i'm sure everyone on this forum has, don't see the need to have go. Only time will tell what's going to happen

vulture
is that you?

Feb 14, 2010
My view and I stand to be slagged off is that TB provided the funds for Gus and he blew it. Last season was an unexpected ;bonus and he is now reassessing the situation and next season will see us challenge for automatic.

Interesting thought. I also agree that Poyet ultimately failed with us. Palace and Burnley were promoted on sub 14000 gates and playing budgets far smaller than ours. I think tho' one decision (that some of us said was wrong at the time and so its not hindsight) was letting Murray go. The view was to spend the money on CMS. CMS runs around and tries hard. Murray has skill, made intelligent runs and scores goals. His 30 plus goals took palace up. Put Murray up front with Poyets excellent midfield and for me, that would have won promotion.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Interesting thought. I also agree that Poyet ultimately failed with us. Palace and Burnley were promoted on sub 14000 gates and playing budgets far smaller than ours. I think tho' one decision (that some of us said was wrong at the time and so its not hindsight) was letting Murray go. The view was to spend the money on CMS. CMS runs around and tries hard. Murray has skill, made intelligent runs and scores goals. His 30 plus goals took palace up. Put Murray up front with Poyets excellent midfield and for me, that would have won promotion.

I was and still am a big Gus fan but letting Murray go was his biggest mistake during his time with us. The only real defense I can make is that at the time the majority were over the moon at the capture of CMS after the season he had just had. Could anyone really have predicted the seasons they both went on to have?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I have two theories 1. Bloom has got into some serious financial difficulties and needs to sell our players in order to get some money back, I think he doesn't want to sell the club because he doesn't want to let the fans down and still wants the pursue in his task to get us to the prem in.

:albion2:

Knob of the first degree

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I reckon we're pioneering a new industry approach called breaking even. It will send shock waves through football, I know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here