Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shoot the Palace scum - Really??

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
2E0511B3-FE6D-4D20-8A54-E6D687D632C8.jpeg

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
First off - thank you BHAFC for a truly astounding display last night. So much good to say about that it's not true.

But....

This may be an unpopular post but I was curious if it’s just me that thinks this way.

As we all know, football has cleaned up it’s act and pretty successfully got rid of violence, racism and homophobia. Presumably everyone agrees that’s a good thing. Once upon a time I assume that even though many would have disapproved of one or more of those things, that yet everyone would just shrug their shoulders and say “that’s just part of football I’m afraid”. That was until someone actually stood up and did something about it. And then it wasn’t part of football any more and the game is all the better for it.

Well, I’d like to propose we carry on down that path a little further. Why don’t we all stop with the genuine abuse and hatred? Good natured banter is fine, lot’s of fun in fact. Having a rival - a pantomime villain - is also fun. But surely when I have to listen to 90 minutes of people screaming at the top of their lungs with genuine venom “Zaha you f***ing c**t!” “You f***ing w***er!” surely we have crossed way over a line from good natured banter into just plain ugly, moronic abuse. Why is that ok?

I know the history of why “we hate Palace”. But really? Really?!? Does anyone actually, *genuinely* see that as a reason to hate the whole football club 42 years later?? Like I said, if they're our pantomime villain and that’s the only pretext we need to make Crystal Palace that then fine. But honestly, why the genuine hostility and hatred?

I’m sure there are many who will tell me right where to stick my point of view. I’m just curious if anyone else out there feels it’s time to grow up a bit and move on?

You know where you can stick your point of view. [emoji106]

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
First off - thank you BHAFC for a truly astounding display last night. So much good to say about that it's not true.

But....

This may be an unpopular post but I was curious if it’s just me that thinks this way.

As we all know, football has cleaned up it’s act and pretty successfully got rid of violence, racism and homophobia. Presumably everyone agrees that’s a good thing. Once upon a time I assume that even though many would have disapproved of one or more of those things, that yet everyone would just shrug their shoulders and say “that’s just part of football I’m afraid”. That was until someone actually stood up and did something about it. And then it wasn’t part of football any more and the game is all the better for it.

Well, I’d like to propose we carry on down that path a little further. Why don’t we all stop with the genuine abuse and hatred? Good natured banter is fine, lot’s of fun in fact. Having a rival - a pantomime villain - is also fun. But surely when I have to listen to 90 minutes of people screaming at the top of their lungs with genuine venom “Zaha you f***ing c**t!” “You f***ing w***er!” surely we have crossed way over a line from good natured banter into just plain ugly, moronic abuse. Why is that ok?

I know the history of why “we hate Palace”. But really? Really?!? Does anyone actually, *genuinely* see that as a reason to hate the whole football club 42 years later?? Like I said, if they're our pantomime villain and that’s the only pretext we need to make Crystal Palace that then fine. But honestly, why the genuine hostility and hatred?

I’m sure there are many who will tell me right where to stick my point of view. I’m just curious if anyone else out there feels it’s time to grow up a bit and move on?

I was spouting far more abuse than normal, mainly and deservedly directed at Zaha.

Normally more mellow these days but Palace and Zaha in more recent years particularly raises the blood pressure.

Doubt many will agree with you, nor should they.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The op has a point.

It's nonsense, but it is a point.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Shoot the Palace scum - Really?

No not really, you idiot. Same as I don't really want Ginger hair, or Steve Sidwell boning my missus, Peter Ward playing every position on the pitch would be shit, and Steve Coppell does not have perennial gonorrhea.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
If you think for one min that Zaha doesn't love the attention he gets then you are as delusional as the palace fans .

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

But....

Totally agree

With the first sentence, as for the rest, nah, you can keep your sanitised idea's of football, yes the racism, homophobia etc isn't needed and we are better off without it, but Zaha really is a cheating whiney **** and i have no problem with anyone pointing this out for the entire 90 minutes...as for Palace as a club, also cheating *****, who treat their own fans with utter contempt with regards to their season tickets behind the goal where their ultras want to sit, yes those same wankers who broke into the Amex last season, injuring their own stewards in the process and causing genuine fans to miss the game. The same dickheads who slashed seats and caused thousands of pounds worth of damage during a previous visit to the Amex.

And what does the club do about it? Do they ban those found responsible?, maybe give their details over to the police so they can be rightly punished? No, they reward them with better seats.

Not really very pantomine is it? Palace and Zaha reap what they sow, detestible club and a prick of a footballer.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I called Zaha a F*****g cheating c**t when he hacked down Solly as he was marauding down the right wing in the second half. It made no difference and I doubt he heard me over many other people saying something similar, but it made me feel better.

I also expressed an opinion on the size of the stomach of the assistant on the east side of the ground.....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I called Zaha a F*****g cheating c**t when he hacked down Solly as he was marauding down the right wing in the second half. It made no difference and I doubt he heard me over many other people saying something similar, but it made me feel better.

I also expressed an opinion on the size of the stomach of the assistant on the east side of the ground.....

Who, muffin tops!? :whistle:

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Next you’ll be saying it’s only a game and it doesn’t matter who wins

Of course it is only a game and it really doesnt matter who wins...............except it is also the single best thing that has happened to me this year and I wasn't even there. It created a huge wave of emotion which almost a day later is still sinking in, I have pretended to work while secretly watching videos, reading match reports and every post on NSC. I have sent and received dozens of emails and texts from fellow Albion fans or football mates who wanted to talk about THE match of the year. It is up there with the same Adrenalin rush as a running a marathon or passing an exam. I cant wait for match of the day to watch and hear about it all again. I have changed my background to the group huddle photo and looked at the league table 30 times.

but of course it’s only a game and it doesn’t matter who wins

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
With regards to the OP, I've got a few blokes behind me who are very, very vocal...

They were chuntering on and screaming at the Palace players for the whole game, but when Zaha got the ball once, one of them shouted "Break his legs. End his career.." at the top of his voice.

That was the only bit of 'banter' I thought was a bit off. Otherwise, a fabulous display of vitriol from the whole crowd directed at the players and supporters of a club who give as good as they get, so it's fair game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here