Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coping without Dunk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s early days but on this form I prefer him to Dunk.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
First thing Dunky needs to do is win the shirt back from Balogun - and that won't be easy at all. The early signs are that Montoya--Duffy-Balogun-Bong is our best back four.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm so so so confused.

Bong is shite, not up for the Premier League, one of the worst defenders ever.
Dunk is simultaneously our best player and considerably worse than Mawson. (ok so that's a lone voice, but a loud one)
Duffy is a liability who needs to be get rid of asap.
Balogun is god's gift to centre backs, that won't last.

Am I the only person who reads comments like 'wow Duffy has been immense in Dunk's absence' as 'I always said Duffy was shite it turns out he's not, I was wrong, I just can't say that'.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am not sure I would rush Dunk back though. Of course the Nigerian fella is offski in January for who knows how long anyway!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's a testament to CH and our tactics that whenever we have changed our centre backs the replacements seemlessly fit in and look superb even though we all doubted if they would be up to the challenge.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can confirm Australia is definitely not in Africa and Nigeria is definitely not in Asia.

I thought it was a competition for both Africa and Asia....but as mr blue corrected me, I am most grateful. No need for the sarky comments, unless it makes you feel so much better. Do carry on though, it's very entertaining reading your contributions .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And yet some papers had Duffy as Man of match v Liverpool
Of all the things I find staggering about other fans opinions (inc BG) the, get rid anti Duffy sentiment is by far and away the winner of the:-

award for stupidity.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought that was the whole reason in signing the Fulham keeper as we will lose Ryan after Christmas.

That's a different tournament. The African Cup of Nations will be held in June and July 2019, a move from it's traditional January/February schedule. Maty Ryan and Ali J will be playing in the Asian Cup which takes place in January 2019.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Duffy has been outstanding this season so far, he looks in better shape than we've seen him before but that might just be a perception rather than reality. Personally, I think Dunk/Balogun is our best partnership on paper but Duffy won't be out of the team unless he picks up an injury or a suspension, and rightly so. He's in possession of the shirt and shows no sign of wanting to surrender it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here