Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tomer Hemed's emotional Facebook post

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hi HWT. Thought you were retiring about now? Have you got anything planned to fill the time?

Morning, HG. I am thinking about it. I am also looking into changing employer.....and I am still trying to 'develop' a new drug, and....ees complicated (very). :lolol:

My comment referred to the fact that quite mundane issues at work can have quite big effects (wrt Tomer's tribulations). I take my work (research and teaching) very seriously, and yet I am surrounded by stone-turners, and bean counters, and poor managers who through poor application and lack of good sense can cause all sorts of petty trouble for people. Without going into details, a chum of mine who is a senior lecturer in the midlands with research grant income, a research group and regular decent publications was put on monthly report a couple of years ago because her head of school deemed the journal in which she publishes most of her work (which has a JIF of over 5, if you are familiar with this) is not 'returnable to REF' in his opinion. And yet he is the president of the society that owns the journal in question. Hypocritical, malignant, petty, absurdist ****weasel. This is typical of what goes on and even smaller incidences of suct twattery can really get you down. And as we get older (I'm 60) the temptation to say '**** you all, I'm off!' becomes compelling. Luckily Tomer is suffciently sanguine to not throw out his toys, which is commendable.

I have just spent the morning filling out an annual course unit review form. It is in a new format. I have to invent a load of objectives and show how these are met, mapping this all to Bloom's taxonomy (see below). After that the document is 'filed'. I had a meeting with two colleagues - incoming and outgong heads of department - yesterday to go through all this. Countless hours are being spend on it, and public-funded salary wasted. Next year the proforma will change so we can't cut and paste anything. One thing that protects me from a career-suicidal email flame-binge (of the sort I was once famed for at work) is the through that I could retire tomorrow if I wanted (all the AVCs topped to the max). Anyway, here is Bloom's rose:

Blooms_rose.svg.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And let us never forget this

Hemed and Kayal.jpg

and this

Hemed.jpg

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Beautifully written honesty.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
That is one very frustrated man.

But there has to be a better option than QPR.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Morning, HG. I am thinking about it. I am also looking into changing employer.....and I am still trying to 'develop' a new drug, and....ees complicated (very). :lolol:

My comment referred to the fact that quite mundane issues at work can have quite big effects (wrt Tomer's tribulations). I take my work (research and teaching) very seriously, and yet I am surrounded by stone-turners, and bean counters, and poor managers who through poor application and lack of good sense can cause all sorts of petty trouble for people. Without going into details, a chum of mine who is a senior lecturer in the midlands with research grant income, a research group and regular decent publications was put on monthly report a couple of years ago because her head of school deemed the journal in which she publishes most of her work (which has a JIF of over 5, if you are familiar with this) is not 'returnable to REF' in his opinion. And yet he is the president of the society that owns the journal in question. Hypocritical, malignant, petty, absurdist ****weasel. This is typical of what goes on and even smaller incidences of suct twattery can really get you down. And as we get older (I'm 60) the temptation to say '**** you all, I'm off!' becomes compelling. Luckily Tomer is suffciently sanguine to not throw out his toys, which is commendable.

I have just spent the morning filling out an annual course unit review form. It is in a new format. I have to invent a load of objectives and show how these are met, mapping this all to Bloom's taxonomy (see below). After that the document is 'filed'. I had a meeting with two colleagues - incoming and outgong heads of department - yesterday to go through all this. Countless hours are being spend on it, and public-funded salary wasted. Next year the proforma will change so we can't cut and paste anything. One thing that protects me from a career-suicidal email flame-binge (of the sort I was once famed for at work) is the through that I could retire tomorrow if I wanted (all the AVCs topped to the max). Anyway, here is Bloom's rose:

View attachment 100008

Some classic BCAW thread material there.............

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

View attachment 100008

Ha. I have a role in a FTSE100 and have a lot of sympathy with the issues above. My bugbear at the moment is too many people wanting to stick their noses in and wanting veto on decisions, but with no responsibility if it goes wrong. Classic big company stuff. I’m in a similar place as you (only 51) and will walk if I want.

Last edited:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I really feel he deserves better than QPR, a thoroughly sinking ship. I don't think he's Premier League quality but that isn't a criticism, this is such a high level but he competed manfully last season and he never let the team down. He certainly never let the fans down. He was a huge part of our transformation from dreadful Championship strugglers to genuine promotion contenders. He has been one of our best strikers of the last 10 years and he will always be held in high regard at this football club.

I wouldn't loan him to QPR. But I can understand his desire not to be a fourth choice striker in a one striker team and I want to see him playing games regularly.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He only got banned because the game was televised and all the pundits said it was a stamp and the media coverage said it was a stamp. The FA suits didn't have the balls to go against that opinion after it had been in the media.

If the game isn't televised nobody would've noticed.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He only got banned because the game was televised and all the pundits did it was a stamp and the media coverage said it was a stamp. The FA suits didn't have the balls to go against that opinion after it had been in the media.

The same applied to Dale Stephen's alleged tackle at Boro.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Two things that often irked me was 1) being overly active on social media and 2) failing to put it in the back of the net from 6 yards out far too often, with sexed up stats courtesy of some (well taken) penalties.

All in all sounds like a session at QPR couldn’t do him any harm. Much needed game time. I’ve never rated him enough but good luck to him. Hope it all works out.

Of course you could have unfollowed him on social media if it irked you so!

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
He only got banned because the game was televised and all the pundits said it was a stamp and the media coverage said it was a stamp. The FA suits didn't have the balls to go against that opinion after it had been in the media.

Agreed - but makes it even more bizarre that Kenedy wasn't banned for his kick at Cardiff at the weekend.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think the opposite. He is being respectful to Glenn by not naming him.

Tomer is something of an unsung hero to my eyes.

I have never met the man, buit he comes across as very humble and self effacing, A real man of faith. I will be so sad to see him go. But to go is the right thing to do, the Amex has a revolving door, and the time has come for him to go through it and move to pastures new.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Now confirmed he's off the QPR, seems a waste to go there but I guess he gets game time. Thanks for everything Tomer.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Not a great move for Tomer in my opinion, poorly run club, with poor manager in charge that are in dire straits. Deserves better.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here