Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What result do you want from the Boro Cup game ?

What result do you want from the Boro Cup game ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Boro leading 1-0 at half time. Shortly into the second half Dale Stephens goes up against their keeper in what looks like an innocuous challenge, but points out his broken fingernail to the ref. Ref gives a penalty and sends off their keeper. Brighton go on to win 5-1 (Stephens hatrick).

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Odd question. I've been supporting The Albion since 1974, and I cannot think of one single occasion when I have wanted anything other than a win for any match. :shrug:

Indeed. I notice an opposition fan, probably Palace, has been on here and voted 'lose'. Polls like this are about the only time I agree with Bozza's yearning for an away end on NSC

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Happy with any result other than a draw but more concerned that a weakened team should be put out and if they are good enough to win so be it.

Hang on there BG. In the above poll you voted 'Other'. The ONLY possible outcome that wasn't covered above was 'DRAW', but apparently you're happy with any result other than a draw. Consider me confused

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The game offers us the opportunity to:

Give competitive game time to the squad players

Get a morale/confidence boosting win

To get a modicum of 'revenge'/lay the ghost of 2016 to rest

Get a step closer to winning a trophy

So, all that considered, I voted lose.*

* I didn't. Win. Obviously.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Odd question. I've been supporting The Albion since 1974, and I cannot think of one single occasion when I have wanted anything other than a win for any match. :shrug:

Exactly (1970 for me).

However, I’m not voting on principle / Tapatalk.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It is an odd question, granted, but there have been a number on here and elsewhere who have stated they want us out of the cup asap to concentrate on the league.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hang on there BG. In the above poll you voted 'Other'. The ONLY possible outcome that wasn't covered above was 'DRAW', but apparently you're happy with any result other than a draw. Consider me confused

By voting other but not a draw meant that I wasnt bothered whether it be a win or defeat so long as there was definite result on the day. The poll said win or lose its on the booze I shall not be drinking at home watching it on TV/Laptop as opposed to going there and going on the p..s

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
We'll never win the Premier League until the financial madness stops. We might be able to win the FA Cup. I'd be happy going as far as possible and with as many replays as necessary. It's January - there are only 15 games left this season. A few more would be nice.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We'll never win the Premier League until the financial madness stops. We might be able to win the FA Cup. I'd be happy going as far as possible and with as many replays as necessary. It's January - there are only 15 games left this season. A few more would be nice.

Get to Wembley and be relegated as per 1983 no not for me sorry.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think the combined result of this poll with reality, is that people want us to win these games, they just don't want to go and see us win these games

That’s certainly a possible conclusion.

Personally, I’ve spunked my Football budget on Premier League games and sadly don’t have enough spare for a cup run as well (though I did do both League Cup games as they were cheap), but I still want the team to win on Saturday. When it gets to later rounds, I’m sure I’ll find some funding from somewhere, though that’s likely to be by foregoing some league aways I really want to go to.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sums up what football has become - forget trying to win anything - just try not to lose. Not for me sorry.
Let's not get to Wembley and get relegated anyway - much more fun.

I think that we stand more chance of avoiding relegation if we do not have the extra cup games and possible injuries and suspensions to cope with.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Get to Wembley and be relegated as per 1983 no not for me sorry.

The two things are not intrinsically linked. We could stay up and win the cup as per 2018, who knows? Even in the unlikely event of winning the cup it adds what 5 more games to the schedule. Were not saving ourselves for next years Champions League already are we?

I don't think anyone is suggesting playing half fit players, squad players, a sprinkling of kids both of whom could do with a game and some of the 1st team who perhaps could also do with a game, Hemed / Knocky for example? They need to find some form, 5mins here and there from the bench won't help. A goal in the cup might...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here