Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Divock Origi

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Worth repeating the housing analogy.

There are plenty of players tied up in "purchase chains" who won't be released until a team land the player they want. Hemed could be a good example of this.

Lots of our best options still tied in with other deals - so we're not stuck with the dregs or necessarily going to be paying over the odds. We're having to be patient.

(I know a lot of NSC simply don't get this - and will continue to bleat on and on about how we left it too late. I have no expectations of them hearing the point above or of it changing their minds).
You should post more often

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
Have you seen something in his ability that the rest of the world has missed? I know our recruitment team are getting a hard time at the moment, but let's not forget Spurs signed Sissoko and Jansen for about £50m (excluding wages) recently!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Yes - strong, quick and sharp. And 27 goals in one season in the Eeredivisie (and 7 in 13 for Holland). OK, so he's had a nightmare season and missed sitters, but he clearly can finish. Real quality and I think at some point will be back - now may be a good opportunity to get him at a price we can afford.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I can assure everyone he will definitely not be going to spurs......
To be fair I think he may go abroad since LFC are still trying to bring in some players and he could be used in any deal. However, he is a great player and for example would be the best forward in the championship. In the PL, with regular playing time he would be a very good option.
He needs to leave unfortunately, since Solanke arrived, a similar player, I don't see when he's going to get a game, but for Brighton he would be an amazing signing and I don't see why we couldn't buy him. Probably get him for £15/16 m. Don't forget he regularly played with Hazard and Lukaka for Belgium.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Divock Origi would be an incredible signing, he's only going to get better by playing games but he's already a Premier League player. He's big strong, quick and can score goals.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Worth repeating the housing analogy.

There are plenty of players tied up in "purchase chains" who won't be released until a team land the player they want. Hemed could be a good example of this.

Lots of our best options still tied in with other deals - so we're not stuck with the dregs or necessarily going to be paying over the odds. We're having to be patient.
Worst case-
(I know a lot of NSC simply don't get this - and will continue to bleat on and on about how we left it too late. I have no expectations of them hearing the point above or of it changing their minds).
Exactly where we are currently. Best case scenario - deals go through and the players we want move to Brighton. Worst case -we stay with what we have.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Another factor to consider is the huge number of deals completed on the last day.
This is when selling clubs have to compromise or be stuck with a player they don't want/need.
Buying clubs can also be forced to up their price but on, that day, both sides are trying very hard to make a deal.
Anyone know the percentage of a window's transfers being completed on the last day?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Yes - strong, quick and sharp. And 27 goals in one season in the Eeredivisie (and 7 in 13 for Holland). OK, so he's had a nightmare season and missed sitters, but he clearly can finish. Real quality and I think at some point will be back - now may be a good opportunity to get him at a price we can afford.
That's all great and everything, but we have a very special advantage over every other signing we can make. The bloke has failed miserably in the Premier league.

Should we look at Van Wolfs Winkel to?

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Because there's been no 'loan window' outside of the standard June-August & Jan transfer windows for about two years now?

And [MENTION=28206]Rod Marsh[/MENTION] wasn't aware of that or if the rules had changed. It was a fair question.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
And [MENTION=28206]Rod Marsh[/MENTION] wasn't aware of that or if the rules had changed. It was a fair question.

It's fair enough if he's been living in a cave, but he was registered on NSC last season and we went through all this about a billion times.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can assure everyone he will definitely not be going to spurs......
To be fair I think he may go abroad since LFC are still trying to bring in some players and he could be used in any deal. However, he is a great player and for example would be the best forward in the championship. In the PL, with regular playing time he would be a very good option.
He needs to leave unfortunately, since Solanke arrived, a similar player, I don't see when he's going to get a game, but for Brighton he would be an amazing signing and I don't see why we couldn't buy him. Probably get him for £15/16 m. Don't forget he regularly played with Hazard and Lukaka for Belgium.

Agree with that totally, he'd be the sort of signing that would keep us up, injuries permitting.

Shame that at the moment it's just NSC chatter.

I'd love it if TB made and achieved such a bold and expensive (wages) move.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree with that totally, he'd be the sort of signing that would keep us up, injuries permitting.

Shame that at the moment it's just NSC chatter.

I'd love it if TB made and achieved such a bold and expensive (wages) move.

Do you think he's on much more than our top-paid players ? Reportedly on 35k a week.........any striker we being in with PL experience will probably be way above that anyway......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here