Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

larus

Just demeaning that thousand upon thousand of highly intelligent media analysts are being forced to pretend to take this dumb bully businessman seriously and to read deeper meaning into his every dumb tweet. Reckon G7 (now essentially G6) have sorted it among themselves to just sideline the freak and conduct grown-up Business As Usual as if he wasn't there. Which he won't be, for much longer.

Why are you so convinced he won’t be? If it’s the investigation, who knows where that leads to.

If it’s that he won’t get re-elected, his popularity appears to be increasing. IF he manages to get a real deal with N Korea, then he will be in a very strong position.

Populism (Trump, AfD, Brexit, Le Pen, 5 Star/Northen League, Austria, Netherlands, etc.), all this stuff is because so many people are completely F*CKED OFF with the political class/Elite. The EU is aiming to be some one-state as that is its ultimate goal. However, it’s doing it by stealth and not honesty. People are disillusioned and resentment is building. So, blame Trump (and I’m no fan), but look at the root cause.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
you couldnt run a business successfully with behavior like Trumps. he's bullied his way through a few deals in this manner and believes its the way to do it, though lost money in the long run.

He was bailed out by his dad on several occasions when he screwed up. Not so much a great businessman but lucky in having a wealthy old man

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
DfUCWaHXUAAw1Sv.jpg

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
[tweet]1005563028971114496[/tweet]

D

Deleted member 22389

Trump looking after his country, what's wrong with that. Says his country gets a bad deal, I believe him too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Trump looking after his country, what's wrong with that. Says his country gets a bad deal, I believe him too.

In theory nothing. It’s more the manner he goes about things. Personally, I prefer my leaders to be dignified and statesmanlike, not crass and classless.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Apparently though, it doesn't. I was listening to Radio 4 over the weekend, and there is evidence suggesting that the US pays an average of 0.1% on tariffs more than the other G7 economies.

Generally, tariffs are a bad thing. The problem is that if you raise tariffs, the impact on the local industry you are trying to protect is immediately tangible (so therefore a vote winner), but the damage you cause elsewhere isn't so obvious. For example, the US raises steel tariffs - the US rust belt celebrates as it suddenly artificially becomes competitive. Meanwhile, other areas of the US economy are now on the slippery slope to ruin, as China and the EU decide to respond by slapping tariffs on Apple products and Dell computers. It will take years for those sectors to realise what a problem they have, all at the expense of a US industry that operates inefficiently.

And that's leaving aside the proven fact that low trade tariffs reduce poverty world wide. But as you say, Trump couldn't give a shit about poor foreign people.

For me, a quality president would be looking to encourage new industry in the US rust belt with tax breaks and such, not propping up their steel industry with trade tariffs.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

I’ll bite. Absolute rubbish.

As I’ve posted on here before, the US is one if the most insular nations on earth. The basis of the national psyche is that they are right and everyone else is wrong. You see this jingoistic nationalism everywhere you go and your average American doesn’t give a stuff about the rest of the world.

I’m generalising but Trump epitomises the worst of idiot America. If all world leaders behaved like him and all countries had the same attitude to the world as the US then we would be in a very sad place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Couple of nice tweets back by a former Belgian PM
“Donald, next time you tweet something stupid, we confiscate your phone, capisce?!”

Just tell us what Vladimir has on you. Maybe we can help.”

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You book a clown, you get a circus.

Sorry America, and I am genuinely sorry, but this is what YOU elected. It's not as if there weren't any clues in the campaign that the guy was dangerously unhinged. There were so many moments in his campaign which should have singled THE END, but it didn't.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Looks more like the outrage of all those people he's trolling.

Presidents, or any statesmen, are usually trolls. kinda highlighting the problem with Trump there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1006906114259156992[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Going to sidestep Boarder

[tweet]1008709364939677697[/tweet]

in favour of