Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Who overtakes a Hearse?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The emergency vehicle one is interesting as I think people panic when they see them behind and do stupid things. Last year driving from Seaford over Cuckmere Haven as we came over the bridge an ambulance came up behind a line of three cars (I was the back one), so when we got to the visitor centre the lead car pulls into the pull in and thus immediately blocks both of the cars following and the ambulance, meaning we both then have to go up the hill away from it once we'd dodged round (because there was literally no other option to get the ambulance passed as there was a queue for the bridge going the other way). Fortunately the ambulance wasn't racing so we could get to the straight bit at the very top and move over more sensibly.

Dozy twonk at the front caught us up at Friston and started flashing at us like it was somehow our fault. W**ker.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
...I mean, in a built up area / non-motorway situation when clearly there's a procession of mourners all following the Hearse - if you do, then have a word with yourself and start showing some respect for others. Witnessed some chavvy oink dodging in and out of the cortege before roaring past finally. Astonishing lack of respect.

Whilst we're at it, 'cause I see this more than I used to and it's likely the same 'types', when those emergency vehicles appear in your rear-view mirror (you know, the ones with the blue flashing lights) then get out of the way and let them pass. Don't wait until they're right behind you either, slow down and move over FFS :censored: Honestly, it could be the difference between life and death and I'm amazed at the number of selfish idiots who don't give way or lack the brains to.

Rant over! :annoyed:

As rants go, I think yours is entirely reasonable. But I'm the old fashioned type that if a hearse passes I stop and lower my head. Blame my parents for that ;)

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
so from the back a funeral procession it might just look like a micra and golf poodling along, so you overtake but a bit later you realise there's a hearse 7 cars in front, then what?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Unfortunately it seems respect is a thing of the past and no longer given by far too many in todays world.

Long gone are the days when pedestrians would stop when a hearse went by, and bowed in respect.

Still happens in my World

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Unfortunately it seems respect is a thing of the past and no longer given by far too many in todays world.

Long gone are the days when pedestrians would stop when a hearse went by, and bowed in respect.

Sadly

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Sadly the same thing happened earlier this week in Portslade, I saw a hearse and another black car in my rear view mirror, a bit behind me, then suddenly a small car comes whizzing past the funeral cortege on the wrong side of the road (single carriageway) and zooms up, nose to tail behind me.

Only for us all to then stop at the traffic lights!

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Nobody should,show respect. When I was in police used to salute a hearse,got lots of stupid comments from members of public! sorry an ambulance on emergency or fire brigade of course should

Important comma there, otherwise it would change the whole context.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here