Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What was the appropriate punishment for the Propper challenge?

What was the appropriate punishment for the Propper challenge?

• Just a foul

Votes: 51 28.2%
  • Yellow card

Votes: 97 53.6%
  • Red card

Votes: 33 18.2%

• Total voters

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Studs up, borderline out of control. Sadly the red was right although on another day could have been a yellow.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Both going for the ball. Both out of control of their bodies. Both in contact with the ball. One player red carded. I don’t think it deserved a red but can see why the ref gave it in these days of little to non-contact football. Twenty years ago they would have just got up and got on with it without surrounding the ref and demanding a card.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Ashley Young was much higher and much more reckless. The inconsistency is the most annoying bit.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He should be forced to watch The Generation Game with Mel and Sue.

No further punishment would then be needed.

I wouldn't wish that on Henry Hughton.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yellow card, no intention to harm the player.

Intent is irrelevant though. Not seen any replays but live it looked dangerous to me so can’t complain.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Put yellow card but on closer inspection, straight red.
Studs up and looking to see if anyone noticed, f'ng idiot.
Must have a family do or something to go to back home and needs the time off.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thought it was red when I saw it live and having seen MOTD, even more convinced. We'd be spitting mad if a player did that against us,
I do agree with Danny Murphy though when he says there are too many reds in the modern game - that probably wouldn't have been a foul 40 years ago. But in today's environment, straight red.
It doesn't help when players are looking to get others sent off in a situation like that. I keep looking at that and am struggling to see what it was that had the Udders guy rolling around in agony.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I can't believe nearly 60% of those who have voted thought this was only a yellow. While it has been argued both players were reckless Propper is clearly more reckless as his foot rakes across Hogg's shin, spinning him round with the velocity of the challenge. I would love to see the result of a similar poll were the victims were reversed.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It’s probably a red by the letter of the law, but I think that’s a real shame. A player being sent off should be reserved for something really bad, it completely changes the game. It should be for offences that have absolutely no place on a football pitch e.g. spitting, punching, biting or a really awful tackle intending to hurt someone.

How many other sports can you have a player made to leave the field for miss-timing something by a fraction of a second? Modern football is shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trolling again.
Nothing changes

How so? Studs up. Lot of players do get away with it but Davy didn’t. I’d be surprised if any appeal works because it’s not an obvious mistake by ref and doubt if officialdom will look to undermine refs on this

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It’s not like Hogg gets the ball and Propper arrives late both players arrive at the ball at the same time and neither get a clean contact. The only reason Propper catches Hogg is the angle he makes the challenge from could easily have been contact the other way. Both players competing no intent to hurt from either if we are removing players competing for this type of ball from the game then we just as well go and watch the tennis or another non contact sport

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Red all day long. yes I've seen worse go unpunished but we really can have no complaints about the refs decision.
Any appeal would be a waste of time. Let's move on and concentrate on a massive next game!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
It was a red card - he slid in with his studs up.

No, it wasn't malicious, just over-enthusiastic. But that's irrelevant - as is the fact Ashley Young should have been sent off too.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
Both players went in studs up, so both should have gone. The Hudds player rolling around ensures it’s Propper who goes.
No point in appealing it will never get overturned. It a little frustrating as both teams are in a relegation battle and Brighton are the team missing a midfielder for 3 games, despite both players going into the challenge with studs up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here