Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To anyone voting remain

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
If the referendum was to ditch the Pound and adopt the Euro as our currency how would you vote ?

If yes why don't you move to mainland Europe ?

If no then why vote remain ?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Christ, has 'team moron' come out with some new bullshit?

I mean, REALLY?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If the referendum was to ditch the Pound and adopt the Euro as our currency how would you vote ?

The vote is not about the pound so the link to stay or go on the current referendum question is irrelevant.
You may as well ask if the vote was about only eating blue smarties.
A pointless link

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What a pointless question and thread. The chances are that if we leave the pound will collapse against other currencies. This shows in Forex trading every time there's good news for the leave campaign. Though I'm voting to stay in to protect my workers rights, keep travel to Europe cheap and pain free and ensure my company can employ the right people at the right time.

But even if that wasn't true the hysteria of the leave campaign versus the calmness of the remains would convince me to stay. Leave voters seem to be the ones who have to have a dozen Vote Leave cards in their windows, a couple of England flags just in case anyone doubts their patriotism and start extra threads with spurious arguments when there's a perfectly good other one.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Good grief man, within your cranial dome that passes as logic?

How much have you drunk to get that addled?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But even if that wasn't true the hysteria of the leave campaign versus the calmness of the remains would convince me to stay. one.

Even now I'm fence, but I completely disagree with the above statement.

The remain camp have been every bit as bad as the leave. Don't forget the increased threat of war if we leave.

The campaigning from both sides has been very poor IMO, almost Trump-esque.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
The vote is not about the pound so the link to stay or go on the current referendum question is irrelevant.
You may as well ask if the vote was about only eating blue smarties.
A pointless link

Rhetorical maybe but hardly irrelevant are you afraid of your own answer

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
I see - those who want to REMAIN have to move. Sure more logical for the LEAVERS to bugger off somewhere else?!

And still no one will answer the question.....its simple would you ditch the Pound for the Euro .... or is that a step to far for the lily livered

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
What a pointless question and thread. The chances are that if we leave the pound will collapse against other currencies. This shows in Forex trading every time there's good news for the leave campaign. Though I'm voting to stay in to protect my workers rights, keep travel to Europe cheap and pain free and ensure my company can employ the right people at the right time.

But even if that wasn't true the hysteria of the leave campaign versus the calmness of the remains would convince me to stay. Leave voters seem to be the ones who have to have a dozen Vote Leave cards in their windows, a couple of England flags just in case anyone doubts their patriotism and start extra threads with spurious arguments when there's a perfectly good other one.

I just asked the "pointless" question to prove the point that most if not all remain voters would reject the idea of adopting the Euro as our currency and then ask themselves why
I myself would reject the option because we all know its a dead duck

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I just asked the "pointless" question to prove the point that most if not all remain voters would reject the idea of adopting the Euro as our currency and then ask themselves why
I myself would reject the option because we all know its a dead duck

Because being a part of the EU provides many different links to Europe, benefits, and so on, none of which require a single currency. Meaning it isn't a contradiction to want all, most or some of those links, while not wanting to change currency, and makes it pointless to try to suggest people are somehow wrong to want to remain in Europe when they want to avoid joining the euro.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But even if that wasn't true the hysteria of the leave campaign versus the calmness of the remains ... ... ... ....

The calmness of the remains - wow, you've really let your personal bias overcome reason there!

World war III, income tax increase, pensions at risk (to scare older votes, who might be considering leave), NHS under threat ... ... ... and that's just from Cameron and Osborne!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The remainers stuck in their own little protective bubbles with fingers in there ears. Only interested in peddling scare stories

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
The remainers stuck in their own little protective bubbles with fingers in there ears. Only interested in peddling scare stories

Clear evidence you haven't been paying attention to the debates. The Leave campaigners wrote the book when it came to scare stories and lying. Such a shame the Remain campaign jumped into the same vat of political sludge.

As for the original question - either it was a rhetorical question (rendering it meaningless), or he simply doesn't understand the basics of the EU.

Either way, dumb post.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

I don't think you can really say that the Remain campaign has been 'calm'. Some of it has been just as dumb and hysterical as the Leave campaign.

However, seeing as every point that the Leave group has made throughout the entire campaign has been destroyed either through pointing out that the UK parlimanent is no better or uncovering the silly lies associated with their campaign, and that they (a) don't have a real argument of ideals that makes it a good idea for the UK to leave and (b) haven't said how they intend to make the UK better, how the economy will function, how their the UK's place on the international stage from a position of isolationism (making 'our own decisions' really isn't a reason in itself to leave) will make the UK better off, they have fallen way short in their arguments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here