Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Game True Story

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My eyes are DRAWN to those bloody screens, more specifically the time when its (oh-so-slowly) running down. Quite how you couldn't clock the scoreline underneath I have no idea.

Especially last night. Checked it about 3 times every minute, all bloody game.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I do not believe you didn’t...

1. Hear the Spurs fans cheer when Kane scored, I have missed an away goal on more than one occasion at the Amex and have clearly heard them cheer.

2. When you heard the second cheer for the awarding of the penalty you didnt run to see what had happened.

3. You didnt ask anyone around you the score or even the steward on the way out the score.

4. You couldnt see the big screen in the North.

5. You didnt hear anyone talk about the score/result during/after the game before you got to the car.

Not a chance all of your story is true.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Reading away years ago i think we won 2-1 . At half time (1-1) i said right not a bad point and went to leave only to be told its only the end of the first half . I was very very pissed.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
There's a bloke near me who sets the stopwatch timer on his phone when the added time is announced, and watches it run down. He goes apeshit when the ref goes past the time added on.

Err.. I do that :blush:

In my defence, it's the only time my phone comes out besides HT.

el punal

Does my head in that we can't have the added time ticking down on the scoreboards.

#1st World Problems

I know, but I think you are not allowed to, or is that complete bollocks? In a squeaky bum game I just add on the stoppage time to the clock on the screen and keep my fingers crossed that we hold on for the win/draw.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Here's my story:

I went for a piss on 49 minutes and decided to go on Bet365 and place a £20 bet on two goals going in whilst I was having a leak. Call it an insurance bet, in case I missed any of the action. I got odds of 500/1 so I took it. So when I got back to my seat, I was ten grand richer.

I can't believe I forgot to come on here and tell everyone.

(well it's more believable than the bullshìt story in the original post)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know, but I think you are not allowed to, or is that complete bollocks? In a squeaky bum game I just add on the stoppage time to the clock on the screen and keep my fingers crossed that we hold on for the win/draw.

Yes, I think there is some sort of rule that you can't. The tv games do, but at every ground I've been to (as far as I can remember) the clocks stop on 45 and 90.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I do not believe you didn’t...

1. Hear the Spurs fans cheer when Kane scored, I have missed an away goal on more than one occasion at the Amex and have clearly heard them cheer.

2. When you heard the second cheer for the awarding of the penalty you didnt run to see what had happened.

3. You didnt ask anyone around you the score or even the steward on the way out the score.

4. You couldnt see the big screen in the North.

5. You didnt hear anyone talk about the score/result during/after the game before you got to the car.

Not a chance all of your story is true.

Steady on, its just a light hearted account of what happened, I even surprised myself and as other posters have added , similar events have happened to them in the past. Are we not allowed to to post interesting and different stories on here, without producing witness statements and video evidence. Chill out, its far too hot for such posts,

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
When we were at the Withdean one of my mates was so pissed he thought the half time whistle was full time and left the ground!

I thought he had gone for a pie until he rang me from Preston station wondering where I was and why there was nobody else on the platform!

At one of the Le Havre games a certain mate was absolutely hammered. We started clapping as the players came off, I think it woke him up, he was furious at them for not coming over to applaud the fans after the game, we'd come all the way over just for a friendly etc etc.

They'd just finished warming up!:lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I like the story mate - it’s pretty unbelievable which makes it very funny :lol:

Did you wonder why the Albion fans seemed pretty vocal and excited in the second half though?!

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Here's my story:

I went for a piss on 49 minutes and decided to go on Bet365 and place a £20 bet on two goals going in whilst I was having a leak. Call it an insurance bet, in case I missed any of the action. I got odds of 500/1 so I took it. So when I got back to my seat, I was ten grand richer.

I can't believe I forgot to come on here and tell everyone.

(well it's more believable than the bullshìt story in the original post)

Just think, if you had a dodgy prostate you'd be a millionnaire now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here