Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I hate reading but was glued to that. Great report GB. Perhaps the mid week fark lek reports might be a bit shorter??!

Very much so! I'm going to add a widget that embeds my strava feed and then stick to races and major events such as giving [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] fake news regarding my tendon so he eases off his training plan :wink:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Very much so! I'm going to add a widget that embeds my strava feed and then stick to races and major events such as giving [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] fake news regarding my tendon so he eases off his training plan :wink:

The mind games begin! In all fairness GB I will be aiming higher than beating you.........but as a betting man will not be betting on that.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good to not use electricity. I'd give it a go but build up time on it gradually in case i injured newly used muscles. May be fun...

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Anyone got experience of using a curved treadmill?- one has turned up in my gym - thinking about giving it a go next week once the legs have recovered a bit. Normally I can’t stand treadmills but this may at least have some novelty value.

http://www.originfitness.com/knowle...-curved-treadmill-and-why-you-should-use-one/

Any views?

Had two of these installed in my gym a few months ago. They take a while to get used to , I felt like I was going to ping myself over the front rail the first time I "ran" on one. It takes a while to get the resistance level right, its easy to make it too easy or too hard. They really make you work hard and certainly makes you run differently. I have backed off due to my marathon runs, but plan to be back on these again over the summer.

The gym instructors love them, say they are really beneficial.

Anyway off up to London tomorrow to get my race number, sun cream, swimming trunks......then the little stroll round sunny London Town on Sunday. Planning to back right off on the pace, time not the issue, I just want to get from the start to finish, enjoy the sites and crowd support. #2of3in6weeks

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Warm weather. Birch Pollen. Prom not Hove Park tomorrow.

Painting my beach hut today saw man sweeping stones off the course. Sweat and fast work made me investigate. Turns out the Council won't clear it for Parkrun and he is a volunteer who clears it every week. Said it adds a few minutes to his Saturday run!

Tomorrow anyone there will be able to run by Hove Plinth and admire the TK Maxx styled charm bracelet of bronze sculptures of old Hove icons. Embarrassing when we have such a wealth of artists here.....

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Had two of these installed in my gym a few months ago. They take a while to get used to , I felt like I was going to ping myself over the front rail the first time I "ran" on one. It takes a while to get the resistance level right, its easy to make it too easy or too hard. They really make you work hard and certainly makes you run differently. I have backed off due to my marathon runs, but plan to be back on these again over the summer.

The gym instructors love them, say they are really beneficial.

Anyway off up to London tomorrow to get my race number, sun cream, swimming trunks......then the little stroll round sunny London Town on Sunday. Planning to back right off on the pace, time not the issue, I just want to get from the start to finish, enjoy the sites and crowd support. #2of3in6weeks

Good luck Sunday and to anyone else running from here.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Anyone got experience of using a curved treadmill?- one has turned up in my gym - thinking about giving it a go next week once the legs have recovered a bit. Normally I can’t stand treadmills but this may at least have some novelty value.

http://www.originfitness.com/knowle...-curved-treadmill-and-why-you-should-use-one/

Any views?

They are fantastic for technique but I can't run on treadmills for any length of time, my knees don't suit them so I avoid them like the plague and spend time with the elipticals, the watt bikes and the rowers. There's a stair machine in my work gym now as well, that one is fantastic and well worth spending time with!

I drove my sister to Worthing college this morning, which meant a 7:30am start! :down: I made my debut at Worthing parkrun after a brief chat with [MENTION=18282]Left Back[/MENTION]. I ran 19:53, depending on their timing! I was talking to a member of the future core team at Lancing parkrun, she thinks they're still probably a good few months away from kicking off. They're not planning a significant opening run but hopefully I'll get the nod for when it starts and we can make it an NSC outing.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good to see my legs aren't too tired. 2m at 8" mile pace today with a 6:47 run in and 5:45 last 1/3 mile. More cross training till next Saturday.

Keep that up for another 25.2 miles and I'll be challenging for the 3 hour marathon...........

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I think I’ve picked up another injury. My left knee feels bruised even though I’ve had no impact there. It’s not too bad running but painful cycling and when flexing the knee. One last Jesus visit might be in order.

Anyone else had something similar?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I think I’ve picked up another injury. My left knee feels bruised even though I’ve had no impact there. It’s not too bad running but painful cycling and when flexing the knee. One last Jesus visit might be in order.

Anyone else had something similar?

Stop running and putting pressure on it, if hurts. Good luck

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Warm weather. Birch Pollen. Prom not Hove Park tomorrow.

Painting my beach hut today saw man sweeping stones off the course. Sweat and fast work made me investigate. Turns out the Council won't clear it for Parkrun and he is a volunteer who clears it every week. Said it adds a few minutes to his Saturday run!

Tomorrow anyone there will be able to run by Hove Plinth and admire the TK Maxx styled charm bracelet of bronze sculptures of old Hove icons. Embarrassing when we have such a wealth of artists here.....

You missed out on the box of coop goodies handed out at the end of the Hove parkrun - about £7 groceries and a £3 voucher - should post this in the tight wad thread

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Not had my parkrun result yet, but it was a 19:30-something. Was on for a seasons best time, but the muscle that cramped during the marathon threatened to come back for seconds so i backed off for the last mile.

I'm a bit sore, but think I'll recover with rolling and stretching.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Not had my parkrun result yet, but it was a 19:30-something. Was on for a seasons best time, but the muscle that cramped during the marathon threatened to come back for seconds so i backed off for the last mile.

I'm a bit sore, but think I'll recover with rolling and stretching.

I felt my 2 mile warm up was necessary to check nothing was going to ping. Had to pull up a few times on run in last week but no problem then or now touch wood. Still haven't stretched since pre marathon.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Hot and Hilly Hampstead Heath Parkrun this morning. 24:03 (officially, I made it under 24).
Nice run but legs still feel pretty tired from last week.Definitely wins Parkrun award for most self entitled dog walkers being inconvenienced by Parkrun.

Good luck [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] tomorrow- looks like temp is dropping a bit. Do we have any other NSC runners tomorrow?

Plan tomorrow for a long slow lie-in.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Anyone for Worthing 10k Sunday June 3? I've entered on [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] s word.

This week is another play week for me followed by a structured 4 week 10k plan easing myself back up to speed.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
http://brightonsports.co.uk/the-weakest-link-relay-run It's creeping up on us. Wednesday evening June 20th 7pm. World Cup Iran v Spain that night so no football excuses.

Anyone interested thumbs up this post so we get an idea of how many teams we'll enter. As each team has 4 runners it's only fair to guarantee places to those who put their names forward first.

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Anyone for Worthing 10k Sunday June 3? I've entered on [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] s word.

This week is another play week for me followed by a structured 4 week 10k plan easing myself back up to speed.

Also going to focus on improving my 10k time (after another light week) but that one is too close to a week of boozing for me!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here