Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Spurs new stadium - will it be ready ??

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
God I LOVE pictures of stadiums. Preferably as they're being built, or once they're derelict. There's something oddly compelling about them. Keep them coming.

You’ll probably enjoy Prague then. A massive, semi-dissolved stadium there. The Strahov Stadium. 200,000 capacity (standing) now used for Sparta Prague training sessions...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's the foundations that take all the time. That stadium is ready for a run to the line. I think they'll get there comfortably.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.jpg
Looks finished to me

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, they've got about 5 months. Not even started the roof yet.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looks like a HELL of a lot of work that still needs doing on that for it to be ready for next season dunnit ? I don't recall the Amex being in that state with less than a year to go. They're nowhere near starting the roofs even. Plus they've got this retractable pitch to snort.

I've been having a browse on their forums and many people are saying "no problem, we've still got 10 months", as if next August is the deadline. The reality is they're going to need to stage a couple of ramp-up events to get the safety certificate, so realistically, if its not ready by next June / July at a push, then they're going to have another year at Wembley.

Which would be a shame.

Looks like it's not going to be quite ready but they won't play at Wembley >>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43210300

"Tottenham are "likely" to request that their opening few Premier League games next season are away fixtures while they complete the redevelopment of Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Chairman Daniel Levy told a meeting of club officials and members of the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust that the £800m stadium remains on course to be completed this summer.

However, with season tickets going on sale soon, the club expect to enact a long-standing contingency plan to guard against any unforeseen hitches."

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I pass it everyday on the train to work and it looks very far from ready. I think it could be more than a few games into the season before it is ready. The train service could be interesting when it is. They are doing some work at Northumberland Park but little is in evidence at Tottenham Hale to manage crowds and nothing at all at White Hart Lane and Seven Sisters.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looks like it's not going to be quite ready but they won't play at Wembley >>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43210300

"Tottenham are "likely" to request that their opening few Premier League games next season are away fixtures while they complete the redevelopment of Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Chairman Daniel Levy told a meeting of club officials and members of the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust that the £800m stadium remains on course to be completed this summer.

However, with season tickets going on sale soon, the club expect to enact a long-standing contingency plan to guard against any unforeseen hitches."

There's been more than an inkling that this stadium was not going to be ready - betrayed by the fact that there is now only 1 of what was originally supposed to be TWO scheduled NFL games being played there next season (Oakland Raiders vs Seatle Seahawks, on October 14th).

I think they're in a desperate rush, and have been suppressing the bad news for a while. Its looked a MILE off to me for months now, and more adverse weather is only going to exacerbate things. How many home games at the start of the season can they bin off ? Any more than 2 or 3 and it seriously warps the fixtures not just for them but for other clubs. The PL do not let you play at 2 different home venues in a season, so unless Levy can get some leverage on that particular ruling, then I reckon they've got another year under the arch.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It was confirmed on Sky Sports yesterday, Spurs have applied to the FA to play their first 4 games next season, away from home........can't see the new stadium happening in time to be honest :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Da5TWPoW4AAIlbj.jpg

Still looking a mile off. Kickoff is in 4 months, still no roof...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was confirmed on Sky Sports yesterday, Spurs have applied to the FA to play their first 4 games next season, away from home........can't see the new stadium happening in time to be honest :shrug:

I hope the PL told them to get stuffed. Having the first 4 home games switched is a pisstake and would warp not just their seasons fixtures, but the other clubs as well. I think West Ham and Liverpool had the first 2 home games switched while they got their staiums in order. Any more than that and it gets silly. Our 4th home game this season was on 15th October, more than 2 months into the season.

They have to have ramp up events as well before the first proper match is played

Yup. If its not up and running by the middle of July for the 2 ramp-ups needed for the safety certificate, then they're gubbed.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Hard to see how it will be ready in time, but i'm pretty sure it will be. It's been all but officially confirmed that we'll play the first 4 games away, then there's an international break, then our first home game will be on the weekend of 15/16th September, so it's nearer 5 months until the first game rather than 4 months. There's also a NFL/American Football/Whatever it's called game scheduled in on 14th October - and with the money involved in that deal I can't imagine that'd of been confirmed already if there was any doubt. I'd imagine they'll just play a couple of reserve games midweek in the build up to the first PL game. A 50% capacity (30k, approx) won't be an issue as people will want to be there to say they were there. We've also picked our actual seats for next year too. They've been working on it 24/7 since Christmas, and will continue to do so.

Most expensive season tickets in the country for a team who've won 2 trophies in 26 years. :nono:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I hope the PL told them to get stuffed. Having the first 4 home games switched is a pisstake and would warp not just their seasons fixtures, but the other clubs as well. I think West Ham and Liverpool had the first 2 home games switched while they got their staiums in order. Any more than that and it gets silly. Our 4th home game this season was on 15th October, more than 2 months into the season.

First TWO home games (two of the first four would have already been away matches).

But it is still not right. Gives them a potential advantage over their rivals, during the run in (see West Ham this season for further details)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
First TWO home games (two of the first four would have already been away matches).

But it is still not right. Gives them a potential advantage over their rivals, during the run in (see West Ham this season for further details)

Yes, of course. I skim-read your post. And as you say, a handy little cluster of home games to round things off just when its at the sharp end of the season. They can't be allowed more than 2 shirley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here