Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Renewals and Pricing for 2017/18

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
At the risk of prolonged public scorn and derision, I have to say that I see [MENTION=5208]drew[/MENTION] 's fundamental underlying point.

As I understand it, it's simply that in the event we're promoted, the extra £300k generated by an (assumed) average 4% price increase is swamped by the near-£100m increase in TV receipts, so why not gain goodwill among the fan base by saying "if we go up, ST prices will be frozen for next season"?

Obviously, we'd then have the anomaly that if we didn't go up the ST prices for the Championship would be higher than if we're playing in the PL.

I don't agree with the perspective of a 25%-ish increase on a per game basis, though the maths is faultless. It's just the perspective I disagree with.

Given the general reaction on here to the price increase if we go up, it looks like the club called it right anyway - from their perspective, if the punters are happy to stump up another £300k, you might as well take it.

Completely agree with this and have posted similar thoughts on other threads. If the club really want/need to put up ticket prices my thinking goes... absolutely in the Championship BUT disingenuous in the Premier League. The vast increase in revenue from TV and commercial income (which Paul Barber is absolutely capable of exploiting) means that ticket price increases will only cause a comparatively (very) small change in the overall revenue number. The club can definitely live without ticket price increases if we are fortunate enought to gain promotion. I'm happy to pay more more because I can afford it. That doesn't mean that price increases are always justified especially if and when the club gets its opportunity to drop its snout in Scudamore's Premier League money trough.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Just in regards to people mentioning the price of away fans tickets and similar tickets in your north stand.

When the £30 limit was put into place this season, season tickets here ( at saints ) and I'm sure most other premier clubs as well, they reduced their season ticket prices for areas of the ground to go in line with what away fans would pay. This was only a season ticket offer.
If somebody wanted to attend in the saints end in the Northam ( next go away fans ) they would expect to pay £30+ for that game depending on who we are playing.

P.s good luck for the rest of the season, hopefully see you next year.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Based on the current level of ticket revenue of £9.4 million, and assuming that 80% of that comes from STH. An average rise of 4% would bring in an extra £300,000.

Thanks. Is that really what our ticket revenue is, I thought it would be higher!
Hard to understand. Seems to make average ticket price around £15...?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Renewal pricing seems to me to be pretty smart by the club, as in hedging their bets.

- If we DON'T go up, it's a modest increase as per previous seasons, that few existing 'customers' are really going to mind very much.

- If we DO go up, it's a modest increase as per previous seasons, that few existing 'customers' are really going to mind very much.

Leaves the club a huge amount of leeway as regards new 'customers' pricing. Particularly if we DO go up. Plus they get to lock-in the Half Season Ticket Holder chancers earlydoors.

Top pricing strategy by the club :clap2:

IMHO, like.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Leaves the club a huge amount of leeway as regards new 'customers' pricing. Particularly if we DO go up. Plus they get to lock-in the Half Season Ticket Holder chancers earlydoors.

Not worth making too much of that bit - there is very, very little capacity for new season ticket holders, if all of the existing ones renew (which surely they will).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hard to understand. Seems to make average ticket price around £15...?

That's correct.

Total attendance 588,415 for league matches, plus 27,272 for the playoff final, gives a total of 615,687, or £15.28 per ticket.

You have to adjust the price paid for a ticket to take into consideration VAT and concessions.

A zone A ST is £475 inc vat £395 ex VAT, or £17.21 per ticket but £235 for an U-16 which works out at £8.50 (net) per match
A zone D ST is £670 inc VAT £558 ex VAT £24.26 per ticket or £320 for an U-16 which is £11.59 (net) per match.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The thing is, the club HAVE to plan for another season in the Championship. Get up, and look like staying up, and they can make all the big gestures they want, this time next season.

Surely the club, at this very moment, are planning for both eventualities. The only thing they shouldn't need to plan for is life in league 1!!

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Just looking at what the actual prices are and was surprised by how much more expensive the east upper is than the west upper (£700 v £590). Is the east upper better than the west upper? I sit the west upper and would not want to swap. It seems like in the east upper you end up with the sun in your eyes a lot of the time and you are much further away from the train station (but closer to the buses). What's the big advantage of the east upper?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Just looking at what the actual prices are and was surprised by how much more expensive the east upper is than the west upper (£700 v £590). Is the east upper better than the west upper? I sit the west upper and would not want to swap. It seems like in the east upper you end up with the sun in your eyes a lot of the time and you are much further away from the train station (but closer to the buses). What's the big advantage of the east upper?

There is no 1901 tier, so the front of the East Upper is definitely a 'better' seat than WSU.... perhaps not once you get about 8-10 rows back compared to the front of WSU though.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
There is no 1901 tier, so the front of the East Upper is definitely a 'better' seat than WSU.... perhaps not once you get about 8-10 rows back compared to the front of WSU though.

A 'better' seat anywhere in the ground is extremely subjective, with many aspects to be taken into account. I wouldn't swap.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Please could someone help, and yes I would read all 36 pages but I have to watch Come Dine with Me, am I right in thinking if you pay by Direct Debit for your season ticket you need to nothing as it'll just carry on?

I have tried to renew and can do if I pay for all of the three season tickets up front, I'd rather use the IFDD and I was told by the ticket office I need do nothing. Now I don't know about you but doing nothing just doesn't seem the right thing to do at the moment! I'm hoping our renewal letter turns up soon but in the meantime would welcome my mind being put at rest!

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Please could someone help, and yes I would read all 36 pages but I have to watch Come Dine with Me, am I right in thinking if you pay by Direct Debit for your season ticket you need to nothing as it'll just carry on?

I have tried to renew and can do if I pay for all of the three season tickets up front, I'd rather use the IFDD and I was told by the ticket office I need do nothing. Now I don't know about you but doing nothing just doesn't seem the right thing to do at the moment! I'm hoping our renewal letter turns up soon but in the meantime would welcome my mind being put at rest!

Yes

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

If you want to renew with a DD you need do nothing.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If you want to renew with a DD you need do nothing.

Excellent, thank you. (Sits nervously worrying about missing out after 17 years!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here