Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MPs have no confidence in the FA (symbolically )

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
D J Insole , can't say iv'e ever heard of him to be honest , but then again i hadn't heard of Eyeball Paul until Kevin and Perry was released .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Listened to one of the " Old Farts " on 5Live tonight, he made a valid point that the politicians would be better off sorting out the NHS or the economy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Listened to one of the " Old Farts " on 5Live tonight, he made a valid point that the politicians would be better off sorting out the NHS or the economy.
So they could have done that today could they? It's a shame he chose to deflect the question rather than address the problems with the FA.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Then he completely miss understands the role sport plays in peoples life's and the enjoyment they get from it!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Then he completely miss understands the role sport plays in peoples life's and the enjoyment they get from it!

This. There are dfferent Depts within the Govt to deal with dfferent things and Sport is a seperate Dept to the Health. What a pathetic excuse to not get your own house in order and have to be told, for the 3rd time, that you're a waste of space thats well overpaid and extreeml;y inefficent. They are so far removed from the average punter its untrue. I bet there is a load of 'under the table' dealings a-la-Blatter underneath it all - has the same ring about it - old men not changing with the times and holding on to power (and massive amounts of money). The FA Chairman earns £500k+ per year apparently.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

Er, isn't football a part of the economy? It brings in a huge amount of jobs and tourism, let alone being a huge part of people's lives within the community.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

A very narrow perspective from them. Given the FA's remit for grass roots football; you could make a clear connection between them, sports participation and health. This inability to make these connections and tendency to look for solutions within narrow silos is one of the reasons that we don't come up with new solutions to major problems.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The FA are of the view that they can self-reform.....yeah, right.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Many of the Life Presidents on the FA Council joined in the 70's including the former England cricket captain D J Insole who is 90 years old.

He was obviously a shoe-in for the job.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Er, isn't football a part of the economy? It brings in a huge amount of jobs and tourism, let alone being a huge part of people's lives within the community.

The football economy is a microcosm of the real overall economy, it's a two speed economy with those at the top cleaning up while the lower leagues Just About Manage or fold.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I may have missed it in the past, but does anyone know what 'reforms' the FA chief exec wants to make that he can't because the rest of the board won't let him? I can't find anything that equates to reform (ie getting the Prem League under control and redistributing some of their wealth).

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Build a bonfire.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here