Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

So which two, out of three consecutive away losses at Preston, Lincoln and Huddersfield don't count?

What are you talking about.

I'm referring to the league so you can rule out Lincoln.

After Preston we won the next two league games. Or do you only count losses?.

If your only counting losses then I'd suggest looking at our 4 compared to all the other teams.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Cheers for the JCL lecture, enjoy your Half Season Ticket [emoji106]
Having been at The Goldstone in 1976, and watched the Albion in every season since, is it OK if I call you a complete tool for posting negative crap (to wind up fellow fans) during the best season we have had for 35 years...?

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
When Brentford scored their 3rd I kicked my kitchen broom across the room in frustration and bent it badly! When Tomer scored the equaliser I viciously assaulted it, snapped it in half and threw it in the garden with a primeval gutteral roar calling it several offensive names in the process!! Christ knows what my neighbours think was happening!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Reading through this thread is depressing. You'd think we're in the bottom three until Duffy scored, then back to a bottom three side when Brentford almost nicked it. The 'bedwetters' need to hang their heads in shame, disgraceful support.
What is even more depressing is the need felt by some people to bleat 'bedwetter' every time someone expresses a concern. We had enough of the bedwetters vs. lickers crap when Hyypia was in charge - that seemed to be when it started. For most people it ended around the end of 2014, when the 'bedwetters' were proved to be resoundingly right. We don't need it now.
We've had a bad run. Some of us were/are concerned, but without any need to launder our sheets more often than usual. And the reason we are concerned is that we are passionate supporters/fans/followers of the Albion. Passionate, not disgraceful.

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
You came back twice to gain a point from a game you should have lost, plus to equalise at the end in the manner you did is the sign of a side with spirit and belief. 5 points clear in the promotion places with a game in hand, not much for you to worry about. Having said that if we'd scored the penalty I'd have been pretty confident of winning, but there you go.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What are you talking about.

I'm referring to the league so you can rule out Lincoln.

After Preston we won the next two league games. Or do you only count losses?.

If your only counting losses then I'd suggest looking at our 4 compared to all the other teams.
Do you have difficulty with the word 'away'?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Jesus ****ing Christ do we make it hard for ourselves sometimes!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
Anyone moaning is also missing that on our day we're a very good side, we're too inconsistent to be challenging for the Play Offs at the moment but when we perform we can give anyone in the division a good game. Newcastle robbed us last month in a game we were pretty dominant in.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Do you have difficulty with the word 'away'?

Again. What are you on about.

You originally quoted me. I NEVER mentioned just away form. I was referring to the two away games as they are back to back. I don't think a loss followed by a draw, especially when both are away is reason to panic. That was the point I was making. We had 2 wins before that

Have a look at when you originally quoted me. You've misunderstood and ran with it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Anyone moaning is also missing that on our day we're a very good side, we're too inconsistent to be challenging for the Play Offs at the moment but when we perform we can give anyone in the division a good game. Newcastle robbed us last month in a game we were pretty dominant in.

It's all about consistency,we have had periods recently we won 3 away games on the trot having been behind,i wish you luck for the season.

We have been in two very hard games against you this season,thankfully we don't meet you week in week out.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
What is even more depressing is the need felt by some people to bleat 'bedwetter' every time someone expresses a concern. We had enough of the bedwetters vs. lickers crap when Hyypia was in charge - that seemed to be when it started. For most people it ended around the end of 2014, when the 'bedwetters' were proved to be resoundingly right. We don't need it now.
We've had a bad run. Some of us were/are concerned, but without any need to launder our sheets more often than usual. And the reason we are concerned is that we are passionate supporters/fans/followers of the Albion. Passionate, not disgraceful.

There's a line between passion and idiocy. I've had enough of reading overly negative posts, including many 'seasons over' 'play offs at best' on this very thread before the second half even begun. There's no shame in loosing to a side as good as Huddersfield or going 2-0 down to Brentford (who beat us at our place!). It's all about the bigger picture, and how a season ends. A little perspective is always needed, but so many reacting like we're not a side in second (on 61 points and going at over 2PPG)!! EVERY team will have a blip, especially in a league like this. So yes, I do think the overreactions on this thread were disgraceful. Writing a team off far too soon.

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
It's all about consistency,we have had periods recently we won 3 away games on the trot having been behind,i wish you luck for the season.

We have been in two very hard games against you this season,thankfully we don't meet you week in week out.

Thanks for your wishes. You'll never be able to come back and win every game you go behind in. To come back twice as you did today should be encouraging for you lot. I'm a pessimist so would probably be worried in your position because it's my natural state when it comes to football, but I think you'll make it up automatically this season.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Thanks for your wishes. You'll never be able to come back and win every game you go behind in. To come back twice as you did today should be encouraging for you lot. I'm a pessimist so would probably be worried in your position because it's my natural state when it comes to football, but I think you'll make it up automatically this season.

I personally think today was a superb and in light of our recent form a very valuable point gained,i genuinely had us down to lose (on another thread) earlier in the week....

Up until the last 20 or so,we were walking away with nothing....

It's an encouraging sign.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There's a line between passion and idiocy. I've had enough of reading overly negative posts, including many 'seasons over' 'play offs at best' on this very thread before the second half even begun. There's no shame in loosing to a side as good as Huddersfield or going 2-0 down to Brentford (who beat us at our place!). It's all about the bigger picture, and how a season ends. A little perspective is always needed, but so many reacting like we're not a side in second (on 61 points and going at over 2PPG)!! EVERY team will have a blip, especially in a league like this. So yes, I do think the overreactions on this thread were disgraceful. Writing a team off far too soon.

I will holds my hands up, for the first time in memory of getting very irate at 2-0 and then a pen. I have my reasons. I remember 77/78 and being at the Blackpool game, much like last season, I remember 78/79 and going up but still biting my very young knuckles. I am a knuckle biter not a bedwetter and I moaned on this thread because I love my team, not because I want us to do badly so that I can have a go. I think there is a difference. I want us to do so well it hurts badly, and I am not going to get sad/patriotic on here again.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Football, bloody hell

I counted 15 people that walked out at half-time - total bell ends and don't bother coming back

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
To all the happy clappy viewers - this IS a crisis. We have been lucky thistseason and our luck has run out. And we haven't sufficiently strengthened in January and other teams have. This isn't a blip. And knoackaert off form is also disastrous . We lean on him more than we think

:lolol: This is a gem.

Oh, and Knockaert got 2 assits and his run set up Solly's goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here