Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How long on average, per day, do you spend reading about the Albion online?

How long on average, per day, do you spend reading about the Albion online?

• Under 10 mins

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • 10 mins - 1 hour per day

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • 1-2 hours per day

Votes: 40 37.7%
  • 2-4 hours per day

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Over 4 hours per day

Votes: 9 8.5%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This morning I stumbled across the book "Football Fans, Their Information, The Web and The Personal Home Page" which includes the following:

"The forum was the focal point of a campaign to get a stadium. We organised all sorts of activities through the forum, who was going to go where, and do what. It was all coordinated using North Stand Chat, and new people who wanted to come in and help could also come in, again through the forum."

Something that caught my eye was the below table (although this book was published in 2010):

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 10.06.23.png

So how long a day, on average, do you spend reading about the Albion (FB, twitter and NSC count)?

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
1-2 hours, sometimes 2-4, depending on the time of week or point in the season.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Peaks on match days as spend far more time on twitter reading comments, and seeking out managers comments from both teams.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
On "work" days I can happily look at NSC, and other Albion online stuff, during consecutive hours for about 8 hours and then sometimes another 1 or 2 in the evening.

Hard to judge the total number of minutes but probably totals into the 2-4 hours bracket quite often. Very rare that I go a whole day without looking at NSC.

I try really hard not to bother with it when it is crap and I'm not enjoying it - but it is quite addictive. :)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I "dip in" and "dip out" during the day but I am doing other stuff as well. Therefore I went for 10-mins - hour of dedicated time.

This will increase on a Saturday. Especially if it's an away game I am not attending.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
time spent on NSC and time spent reading about the Albion are two very different things... :lol:

reckon that chart stats is about right, except i probably never read offline about Albion ( unless a London game is covered in Standard).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
reckon that chart stats is about right, except i probably never read offline about Albion ( unless a London game is covered in Standard).

Agreed - I reckon that will be the biggest shift since the book was published.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Being retired I have plenty of time and the Albion are such a big part of my life. I am constantly scanning everything that I can. I look at every other clubs fans forums, Czech newspapers for anything Skalak, bookies pages for Albion betting , the Argus, Albion Roar and of course NSC.
I was very about 18 months ago I was very ill and NSC was a great comfort believe it or not knowing thzt there were so many like minded people out there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
time spent on NSC and time spent reading about the Albion are two very different things... :lol:

Might I heartily recommend The Albion Mag. THE offline source for interesting Albion content (along with the matchday magazine, obvs).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I put 10 mins to 1 hour but it's never quite the same day to day. On Saturdays if we're away and I'm not there it will be more. On Sundays I write a match report if we've been at home and read as many of the others as I can too (especially [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] 's if he's bothered to post it up on time :) ). In the week it depends totally on work. This week I'm off, next week I start a totally new job so it's 2-4 hours a day this week and will likely be a few minutes next week.

I "dip in" and "dip out" during the day but I am doing other stuff as well. Therefore I went for 10-mins - hour of dedicated time.

This will increase on a Saturday. Especially if it's an away game I am not attending.

This for me also

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Being retired I have plenty of time and the Albion are such a big part of my life. I am constantly scanning everything that I can. I look at every other clubs fans forums, Czech newspapers for anything Skalak, bookies pages for Albion betting , the Argus, Albion Roar and of course NSC.
I was very about 18 months ago I was very ill and NSC was a great comfort believe it or not knowing thzt there were so many like minded people out there.

Very much the same for me.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
20 mins approx. 5 mins on reputable sites and the rest on NSC

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here