Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unfunny comedians

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
This will be sacrilege to some but for me Bill Hicks is the most overrated comedian of all time.

He was charismatic and naturally funny. The material is dated and of its time, and the canonisation of him by the fuzzy headed grates, but he was funny. Is only rated by faded trendies in their forties anyway, doesn't even register with anyone else.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
He was charismatic and naturally funny. The material is dated and of its time, and the canonisation of him by the fuzzy headed grates, but he was funny. Is only rated by faded trendies in their forties anyway, doesn't even register with anyone else.

Don't see it myself. Fair point, though: my antipathy is probably more to do with the sort of people who used to put his video on and tell you you were about to watch a genius at work.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Don't see it myself. Fair point, though: my antipathy is probably more to do with the sort of people who used to put his video on and tell you you were about to watch a genius at work.

I know what you mean. Same people who are now middle aged and think Stewart Lee is some sort of genius.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Utter utter shite

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I do think as a rough rule of thumb (and remember this from looking at last year's Brighton comedy festival programme) that those who rely on looking funny or frequently pull "amusing" faces are the least funny comedians. He's one of them.

Oh, has anyone mentioned I Omid Djalili yet?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I do think as a rough rule of thumb (and remember this from looking at last year's Brighton comedy festival programme) that those who rely on looking funny or frequently pull "amusing" faces are the least funny comedians. He's one of them.

Oh, has anyone mentioned I Omid Djalili yet?
Basically anyone that's been on mock the week[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I must confess that I like Stewart Lee, but I agree with you on that 'type'.

The thing about Lee is that he's watchable in the way that many aren't. For me he can go off on his monologues and the need to laugh almost comes secondary to the 'Lee Experience' if that doesn't sound like a load of bollogs. (it does)

boik

The thing about Lee is that he's watchable in the way that many aren't. For me he can go off on his monologues and the need to laugh almost comes secondary to the 'Lee Experience' if that doesn't sound like a load of bollogs. (it does)

I can thoroughly recommend his book. A real insight into how the best comedy is carefully constructed to work on many levels. Having read the book just enhances watching him.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The cockney one who does the "Out out" routine. Awful.
The fat one from Newcastle who talks about her divorce and her fanny a lot.

Worst for me? Ross Noble. To me, this is all he does:

" Yeah right and then imagine the clangers were fighting penguins on the moon and all they had as weapons were cutting remarks from Anne Robinson"

He didn't say that but that's the sort of unfunny crap he comes out with, ruining QI

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012

Yes, I think i know what you mean..... I find Lee clever without being all that funny.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The cockney one who does the "Out out" routine. Awful.
The fat one from Newcastle who talks about her divorce and her fanny a lot.

Worst for me? Ross Noble. To me, this is all he does:

" Yeah right and then imagine the clangers were fighting penguins on the moon and all they had as weapons were cutting remarks from Anne Robinson"

He didn't say that but that's the sort of unfunny crap he comes out with, ruining QI

Micky Flanagan and Sarah Millican ? Micky is alright for me (in fairly small doses) but I'm with you on her........even her whiny voice annoys me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here