Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley fan here

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
If Burnley beat Wednesday and Wednesday lose to Cardiff, the Welsh may grab 6th place.......
Not our problem though, Burnley's.

Burnley don't play Wednesday in their remaining fixtures though

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
My expectation is that we will end up in the playoffs, losing to Sheff Wed in the semis. Anything above that is a bonus. I like the Championship so won't feel heartbroken if that happens.
My hopes are somewhat different.

I can't pretend I don't want premiership football, but I do like how we are in the championship with 23-25k fans. As soon as its full each week they run out of pies and Harveys

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Burnley have been magnificent against sides in the bottom half of the Championship.

They are the Graham Hick of this division.

Their record against teams in the top half is something like 3 wins out of 18. They tend (like us) to draw a lot, and that's where our biggest chance lies IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I used to think of Burnley as pleasant enough and likeably harmless, now Dyche and Barton have turned them into hoofball nasties.

sean-dyche-gus-poyet-cropped_1hymtojkjha9r1h5pq4c3wsktc_0.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My expectation is that we will end up in the playoffs, losing to Sheff Wed in the semis. Anything above that is a bonus. I like the Championship so won't feel heartbroken if that happens.
My hopes are somewhat different.

Like your style, and have some sympathy with the liking the Championship bit, but it's all a bit too close for me to go as far as your position.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
**** Barton he is mental
but if we go up I would not mind having Barnes back on a free thankyou

burnleyfan57

Apr 13, 2016
You seem like a jovial enough chap but honestly I'm hoping you lot slip up and it is purely down to Barton and Burnley fans defence of him after that stamp, not to mention the elbow. And his reaction at the equaliser. And his general existence as a human being.

In fairness to that, every set of fans defend their own club. Barton is certainly a divisive figure. Look at Nigel Pearson. Leicester city supporters are grateful for what he did for the club and defended him when he came out with all the rubbish in press conferences, yet fans of every other club think he's got a screw lose!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
In fairness to that, every set of fans defend their own club. Barton is certainly a divisive figure. Look at Nigel Pearson. Leicester city supporters are grateful for what he did for the club and defended him when he came out with all the rubbish in press conferences, yet fans of every other club think he's got a screw lose!

To be fair, there is some difference between mocking a possible eccentricity than defending a coward stamping on an opponent.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm feeling like it's a bridge too far.

I like Burnley, small town with a decent football tradition. But don't like your manager, or the style (totally inappropriate word) of football (again, not sure that's the right word) he's got you lot playing.

Naturally I'm not a fan of Barton either, he should have been sent off for the deliberate stamp on Kayal. Comparing him with Roy Keane is a joke.

Not in thuggery terms it isn't, ask the Norweigan guy who used to play for Leeds.

burnleyfan57

Apr 13, 2016
We can play very well at times. Whereas you guys, Boro & Hull struggled against MK Dons we played some great stuff winning 5-0 without even getting out of 2nd gear. We then followed that up with being 3-0 to Brentford. We tend to play whatever style is necessary to win matches. And that's what we've done so far this season.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
We can play very well at times. Whereas you guys, Boro & Hull struggled against MK Dons we played some great stuff winning 5-0 without even getting out of 2nd gear. We then followed that up with being 3-0 to Brentford. We tend to play whatever style is necessary to win matches. And that's what we've done so far this season.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I wouldn't say we struggled against Franchise FC. Hemed nearly got a hat trick and they had a questionable penalty. Score line wasn't indicative of the game.

Plus, y'know, **** that 'club'.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
We would clearly like to see Barton taken out by a stray wood playing crown green bowls

Tough call - not sure whether stray wood playing crown green bowl, or stray rabid dog

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
We were worried about Barton when we signed him, but he's been absolutely brilliant for us. Similar to players like Roy Keane and other of that ilk, he's the sort of player other fans love to hate. But in terms of his ability, he still has PL quality.

For us though, the star has been Andre. I've never seen a player run so fast. Mind you, he's had a tough upbringing as he was in gangs at an early age and has a big scar on his face when he got slashed.

Wasn't Barton was it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here