Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading Sack Steve Clarke

rool

Jul 10, 2003
To be fair, I don't think he did himself any favours by agreeing to talk to Fulham. When he turned down their offer he put himself in an unwinnable position. The directors of Reading Football Club would have immediately started questioning his loyalty.

So similar to the Poyet situation.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Pearson favourite so far. I'd prefer second favourite Sherwood :lolol: personally.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Crikey! That is a bit of a shocker as the fans loved him up until a few weeks ago.

They had that great run that made them look like world beaters and proved he can get the bets out of him. Very bizarre to sack him so soon
Not really that bizarre with his gambling habit.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Pearson favourite so far. I'd prefer second favourite Sherwood :lolol: personally.

Pearson would be my tip. He did a great job by getting Leicester into the Premier League, and then keeping them there.

I'm amazed that he isn't back in football already to be honest.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They will get to the play off with a new manager as they are only 1 win away.
Only if non of the 3 teams above them win, and Reading have played a game more too.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Bit of a shame, was hoping they'd keep him for a month or so longer. Clarke isn't a bad manager but got the feeling after the Fulham fiasco the players lost interest in playing for him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pearson would be my tip. He did a great job by getting Leicester into the Premier League, and then keeping them there.

I can't help thinking he's not back in football yet for, ahem, "non footballing" reasons.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

He turned Fulham down though so not sure he'd go to an even more tinpot club. Hope he doesn't as he probably would do a good job.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Maybe he can go to Fulham now then ???

On him @ 10's & was counting the money when he went to talk, shows poor judgement turning them down but as he's back into 2's now let's hope the Fulham bosses get into the Xmas spirit and goodwill to all & give him a 2nd go....!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Pearson is waiting for a midlands club. He'll probably go to Forest once they get fed up of Dougie.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Joke club.
They must have felt the butterflies were getting the better of Steve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here