Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sing along Sussex By The Sea

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Are you kidding? It was great at times! Not as good as it has been before but better then the other home games this season

God no, disagree entirely. Compared with several of last years turgid affairs under OG today was positively jumping.

Upper West was awful mate, shout out to the fans in the North trying to get some noise going though.

It did pick up a little around the 60th/goal time though tbf. But the rest of the game, especially the start was embarrassingly quite for me. The empty seats didn't help.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Nooooo! How embarrassing if we had to have the words on a big screen to our own song. The away fans would have a field day.

The same away fans that know the words properly but ALWAYS sing it to too fast?

And these will be the fans at home that sing too fast that makes it difficult for everyone yes?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It sounded good on the radio....you could actually tell people were singing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was great but was def an accident. That PA system has literally ALWAYS been dodgey ever since the spurs friendly...

Apr 12, 2011
The same away fans that know the words properly but ALWAYS sing it to too fast?

And these will be the fans at home that sing too fast that makes it difficult for everyone yes?
I think he was referring to the opposition fans, rather than our own fans who travel away...

Accident of not earlier, either the volume of the music covers up how loud we are or people sang louder when it cut out. Either way it sounded awesome and I'd love to see it become a regular thing.

Either cut off just before the chorus and let the fans take over, or play the verse and chorus and prompt the fans for a second round of the chorus afterwards.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Would they?

Derby, in the play offs last season, had the words on the big screen for their song, and virtually the whole stadium joined in - it sounded incredible. At no point did I think to myself "how tinpot - they've got the words up on the big screen".

Most of their fans knew the words anyway, just like many of us. It was interesting to see what they were singing, and I'm sure the same would be true for away supporters at the AMEX. It should be done in my opinion.
This. The bed wetting morons on here who worry about the "away fans having a field day" should be completely ignored. SBTS done properly at The Amex would be magnificent.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I suggested this after seeing them do the same thing at Forest a couple of seasons ago. But like others they should just cut for the chorus only. That would sound great.

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
Absolutely agree. Anyone who would be embarrassed need to get over themselves and start thinking about the greater good. I was pleasantly surprised how many were actually singing the verse today. Should definitely become a fixture with words on screen to encourage all who don't know them to learn them at least in the short term.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
GOSBTS must be unique as a club song, given its history, and should be sung by everybody at the start of every game. If the words have to be put on the big screens, fair enough, I personally don't have a problem with that,as long as it's the Stand or Fall version not the Going up to win the Cup,

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Absolutely agree. Anyone who would be embarrassed need to get over themselves and start thinking about the greater good. I was pleasantly surprised how many were actually singing the verse today. Should definitely become a fixture with words on screen to encourage all who don't know them to learn them at least in the short term.
The greater good.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
GOSBTS must be unique as a club song, given its history, and should be sung by everybody at the start of every game. If the words have to be put on the big screens, fair enough, I personally don't have a problem with that,as long as it's the Stand or Fall version not the Going up to win the Cup,

This. I adore the 'Stand or Fall' line.

An a capella chorus to SBTS would be fantastic, anyone remember how good Brazil's anthem sounded at the world cup? That could be us :D

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It seems it is just me, but I don't care what people do to participate, as long as it isn't rhythmic clapping. The music cutting out seemed to confuse all the drones and yes the sound of people singing was glorious by comparison. Listen, if the best you can do is clap in time, please just don't bother !

Gertrude

May 10, 2014
Sounded accidental at first but thought they caught on and decided to play around. Hopefully they keep it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here