Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Oh dear Wayne Hennessey...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Never seen [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] so quiet. She’s not even answered anything on the game yet. Hoping we’ll all forget.... then his team score once against a league 2 side with 10 men and he’s back... to defend his nazi saluting shite goalkeeper!

She? Considering the username on the BBS, it isn't surprising he stands up for Hennessy.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
He'll get a £5,000 fine of which he'll pay 10p in the £. so that'll set him back £500.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
By the way, how did Palace do against their lesser opposition, last I'd heard they were down to 10 men so assuming Palace mullered them?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
What I find most surprising about that photo is that they actually went out to ‘celebrate’ beating 10 man Grimsby!

A number of their fans in the stand behind the goal celebrated by taking their shirts off and bouncing around to the sound of a drum. Super-excitement. The magic of the cup, eh?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It’s ok I am sure CPFC2010 will be making a professional statement shortly to diffuse the situation and not just brushing it under the carpet.

I mean no way would a club with such integrity let a story that is clearly a lie carry on whilst they really know the truth........... #nazigate

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's a fair few Palace fans who are happy to believe Wayne's explanation...

Let's not forget he has got his whole hand above his upper lip, who does that when doing a mock Nazi salute? It's always the classic lone finger.

Whether it was a misjudged Nazi salute or not we'll never know. Personally do think that it's plausible that he was cupping his hand to throw his voice seeing as he's right at the back, I've seen people do it countless times. The hand's also attention grabbing (certainly headline grabbing). Inconclusive either way imo.

Not WH biggest fan as a goal keeper, but this has to be the biggest non story of 2019 so far. WH has explained all and it is perfectly believable .

I believe him having thought about it. He wasnt using his left hand with a one fingered tash. Just unfortunate mis timing and a fine would be ridculous as if condoning something done totally unconscious.

I don't rate 'the Henn' as a PL number 1 goalkeeper by any stretch of the imagination. However, I find his explanation plausible and certain posters are using this to stick the boot in.

always try to maintain a very non-partisan, objective view of everything football. And the photo of Wayne striking the same pose in a match, as well as other keepers doing the same thing has convinced me he’s telling the truth.

at no point was he doing a Nazi salute.
His colleagues are probably giving him a bit of ribbing today as they will know it wasn't a Nazi salute.

Bloody hell :lolol:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
She? Considering the username on the BBS, it isn't surprising he stands up for Hennessy.

I thought we were going to change Dougie's NSC nik to "Pretty Palace Fairy" after we discovered that like our very own PPF he has an unhealthy interest in the "Reich"?

And yes, no surprise Pretty Palace Fairy was first in to defend the nazi salute!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Not passing judgement on anyone but if I'm out drinking with a bunch of lads and one of them throws up a Nazi salute I'm just going to leave. Done in jest or not it's not something I find funny and isn't anything I want to be associated with.

Couldn't you just tell him/her that it was inappropriate in modern society? I mean, you'd probably get laughed at but at least you'd have the moral high ground.

I presume you walk out the living room when John Cleese comes on the TV, or anybody else for that matter who has historically mocked germans by brazen association with hitler/nazi germany?

Some really embarassing stuff on this thread, I get it's palace but come on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Someone found a still frame of him doing something similar during a game, and now ALL palace fans believe his bollocks excuse.

In fairness, the "believers" are very much in the minority. But it shows that there are actually some people out there, wandering around amongst us as seemingly fully-functioning human beings, who are allowed unsupervised access to the internet, and who believe that Wayne Hennessey's explanation of his nazi salute absolutely holds water.

Its a worry isn't it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Couldn't you just tell him/her that it was inappropriate in modern society? I mean, you'd probably get laughed at but at least you'd have the moral high ground.

I presume you walk out the living room when John Cleese comes on the TV, or anybody else for that matter who has historically mocked germans by brazen association with hitler/nazi germany?

Some really embarassing stuff on this thread, I get it's palace but come on.

You’ve picked the one post on this thread that appears to be genuinely outraged. The rest of us are just having a pop at Palace, and the quite laughable excuse that Hennessy has come out with.

And , with Fawlty Towers, I may be wrong, but surely Cleese was ripping it out of Fawlty and his little Englander right wing sympathies, rather than the German guests?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You’ve picked the one post on this thread that appears to be genuinely outraged. The rest of us are just having a pop at Palace, and the quite laughable excuse that Hennessy has come out with.

And , with Fawlty Towers, I may be wrong, but surely Cleese was ripping it out of Fawlty and his little Englander right wing sympathies, rather than the German guests?

Yea I see that most of the pisstaking is about the dreadful excuse, which is fair game.

Dunno, it's been a while since I've watched it :lolol: but probably, it's still mockery of an archetype by use of inappropriate gestures.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Yea I see that most of the pisstaking is about the dreadful excuse, which is fair game.

Dunno, it's been a while since I've watched it :lolol: but probably, it's still mockery of an archetype by use of inappropriate gestures.

is there room here for a 'you started it'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here