Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** BHA v Manchester City ** - PREMIERSHIP SCORE PREDICTOR - Now in its 7th SEASON !!

BHA v Manchester City - Score Predictor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Obviously I'd be delighted with a hard-fought draw or a sneaky snatched win, but I'd take anything better than 0-4, as it will represent progress over our last debut in the top flight.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
What's interesting about this poll, is that for all threads about how we need a striker, or how we're gagging for a striker, at the time of posting 134 people out of 182 voting thought we would score against Man City. 73% think we will score against one of the favourites to win the league, who have spent £160 million on their defence. This positivity about our chances of scoring against them seems at odds with the negativity around that we won't score enough goals this year. In my opinion if we are good enough to score against Man City then we will be good enough to score against anyone.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I've gone 2-5, at 66/1.

I didn't get the impression from the Madrid game that we have yet got good understanding defensively on the flanks, and City will exploit that to make it very difficult for us. Suttner tucks in narrow, but Brown gave little tight cover most of the time. Bruno and Murphy also was not a much used pair last season, so little understanding, nor was Rosenior with anyone. I think we'll have a good central midfield defensive shield, and if we play narrow it will stop City pushing it through the gaps, or inbetween our lines of four. This will inevitably push the threat to the flanks, and they have pace to burn and exploit our lack of cohesion around there. Not down hearted by that at all. We are in a mini league of about 7 clubs, whose sole objective is to finish 17th or better. And City are not in that league.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't think Man City will want to over extend themselves in the first game against lowly opposition, so once they have a one goal advantage I think they will park the bus and save themselves for the next game.

Unfortunately, their fans are not picking the their team. Or else they will play three at the back and give us a sporting chance.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I eventually went for a 1-1. I was orginally gonna go for 2-3 but with those scores against Arsenal and Atletico, three of them would seem unlikely.

The run of the goals went for the opposition in the 2-3 games so maybe we will get the breaks and get the first goal and fray our nerves.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Voters 232. I expect it will be a record number?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here